Nordica Helldiver 170cm - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeman View Post
    Ok I have the TIs. Looks like the new I-Core is stating they are 17% lighter? Does anyone know if the old CAs are less stiff than the TIs or how the new ones are relative to the TIs?
    The CAs are less stiff because they do not have the 2 sheets of metal that the TIs do. I skied the new ones with I-core. They do not have the stiff feel of the TIs because they too have no metal lamanents. However, the days I skied them where pretty firm and they still held an edge very well. I liked them alot.
    People often work backward from a firm conclusion to find supporting facts, rather than letting evidence inform their views. ---

So I'm thinking I will wait untill next year and grab a pair of the I-core instead of a reduced pair of the CAs this year. I like these skis, the only issue I have is the weight and the tip rebound in the bumps.
    Born to ski Forced to work

Items for Sale
    Think this is one of those skis where Philpug(skishop Phil) loves the flat versions and hates the weight of the bindings.
    ...Would like to demo a flat version, although I don't know if the Diver comes flat.. To get them free = some nice prize.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Think this is one of those skis where Philpug(skishop Phil) loves the flat versions and hates the weight of the bindings.
    ...Would like to demo a flat version, although I don't know if the Diver comes flat.. To get them free = some nice prize.
    There is a new flat ski for 2012 called the Steadfast that I think is out of the Hellcat/Helldiver mold. It has some minimal early tip rise, with a flat tail. This is not a good combo for me (I like a more balanced flex and hookup) but otherwise it skied well, and it's big bro the Hell&Back was flat out astonishing. I think I would like the Divers. Cool score for the OP.

-----------------------------------
    insert non-sequitur here

Thread Information