• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nfl

JimG.

Staff member
SkiDog said:
Belechick took the team tuna put together to the "greatness" you speak of for the most part...but thats neither here nor there...you're harboring resentment that should be PURGED...its not healthy.. HA.. ;-)

I can hear where you're coming from..I just decided to let it go once he left NE...hes far enough away now for the "sting" to have diminished...

I still would LOVE to have TO on the GINTS...wouldnt you??? Him and PLAX...OMG..I could throw to those 2...

M

Coughlin would NEVER be able to work with TO, it would cause more strife than benefit. Listen, the guy is an awesome athlete and without doubt the best wideout in football...but he's a total headcase and a total negative in the locker room.

I'm just getting on Parcells' case, I'm not really that resentful, but I admit I don't like him because of how he left NY. I feel the same way about Pat Riley and the way he left the Knicks.

SkiDog

JimG. said:
Coughlin would NEVER be able to work with TO, it would cause more strife than benefit. Listen, the guy is an awesome athlete and without doubt the best wideout in football...but he's a total headcase and a total negative in the locker room.

I'm just getting on Parcells' case, I'm not really that resentful, but I admit I don't like him because of how he left NY. I feel the same way about Pat Riley and the way he left the Knicks.

I personally also harbored a TON of resentment towards Tuna...he left under poor circumstances after being with a team that treated him very well and brought him a couple rings....if you're going to leave to coach someone else...fine...but dont leave citing "health" reasons...take one season off and go coach the competition in the SAME market...poor form Bill...but again..im OVER it..

I agree that T.O. is a pariah in the locker room, thats cause hes too cocky...but I distinctly remember another sports great that played for the Chicago Bulls...there was a famous quote from this individual....they said... (hey...[person] theres no I in TEAM....his response..???? "BUT THERE IS ONE IN wIn"......talk about cocky...?? how many rings did they get with this person?? A LOT....

sometimes to win..you need to put up with "bad" personalities...he doesnt have to be friends with his teammates..he just has to DO HIS JOB..and he DOES THAT VERY WELL...IMHO...bring him to the Giants i'll take him ANY DAY...

:D

M

ChileMass

JimG. said:
Bledsoe has lead feet and the Cowgirls have no offensive line...I predict by the 3rd game that TO is in everyone's face and he's out of Dallas and football by season's end. Tuna is so yesterday it's not even funny.

Washington is always good on paper but lately doesn't perform on the field. Still Gibbs is a great coach and they will be a threat to the end.

In the end, it'll be between the Giants and the Eagles for the NFC east.

Ouch - !! Spoken like a true Giants fan. I grew up hating the Cowboys and still do, Tuna or no Tuna. All I'm saying is that they (Tuna, Drew, TO) could have one last good year and they will play the Giants tough.

ChileMass

OK - let's figure out the Pats' record for the 2006 regular season:

BUF - W
@ NYJ - W
DEN - L
@CIN - W
MIA - W
BYE
@BUF - W
@MIN - W
INDY - L
NYJ - W
@GB - W
CHI - W
DET - W
@MIA - L
HOU - W
@JAX - W
@TEN - L

Even if assume they lose both home games to Indy (possible) and Denver (really unlikely), give Miami a win at home (???) and give Tennessee a win at the end of the season when they might be playing for a playoff spot and the Pats will have already clinched the division, the worst I can come up with is 12-4. Parity is a drag for most teams, but not the Patriots......

JimG.

Staff member
SkiDog said:
I agree that T.O. is a pariah in the locker room, thats cause hes too cocky...but I distinctly remember another sports great that played for the Chicago Bulls...there was a famous quote from this individual....they said... (hey...[person] theres no I in TEAM....his response..???? "BUT THERE IS ONE IN wIn"......talk about cocky...?? how many rings did they get with this person?? A LOT....

sometimes to win..you need to put up with "bad" personalities...he doesnt have to be friends with his teammates..he just has to DO HIS JOB..and he DOES THAT VERY WELL...IMHO...bring him to the Giants i'll take him ANY DAY...

:D

M

Oh no, uh uh, don't go there. Don't even try to put TO in the same breath as Michael Jordan. Those 2 are worlds apart.

Jordan may have been a bit cocky, but he backed it up with one amazing performance after another and he was the best at making his teammates better. Yes, he got on their cases, but I've never heard an ex-teammate of Jordan complain about him in that regard.
Other than Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman, most of his teammates were oldtimers past their prime or perpetual 2nd stringers whose games he elevated to championship status.

TO is about TO and that's all. The dances and the end zone crap and the sideline tirades is all just about attention for TO. He does not make his teammates better and he is not a team player.

SkiDog

JimG. said:
Oh no, uh uh, don't go there. Don't even try to put TO in the same breath as Michael Jordan. Those 2 are worlds apart.

Jordan may have been a bit cocky, but he backed it up with one amazing performance after another and he was the best at making his teammates better. Yes, he got on their cases, but I've never heard an ex-teammate of Jordan complain about him in that regard.
Other than Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman, most of his teammates were oldtimers past their prime or perpetual 2nd stringers whose games he elevated to championship status.

TO is about TO and that's all. The dances and the end zone crap and the sideline tirades is all just about attention for TO. He does not make his teammates better and he is not a team player.

I dont think MJ was a "team" player either...he cared about winning...and IMHO..thats what T.O. cares about...

Like i said..he doesnt ahve to be friends with his "co-workers" shoot I dislike half the ones I work with, but I STILL WORK with them and do my job..to the best of my abilities...

Does a team pay a player to be a "good guy" or do they pay him to perfrom a job? I think its the latter...and T.O. never complained about doing the "job"....there is someting to be said for "hired guns" which is what I think T.O. is....

But hey...we all have our opinions..

M

Paul

SkiDog said:
...and T.O. never complained about doing the "job"....there is someting to be said for "hired guns" which is what I think T.O. is....

M

TO complained often about doing the job, that's the crux. I don't think he cares about winning half as much as he cares about having his name in the press. Also, don't forget that TO has a history of getting "Alligator Arms" when he doesn't get his way. If that Oline doesn't hold up, and Bledsoe plays like...well....Bledsoe, and if Terry Glenn and Jason Whitten have more catches, TDs, ON AIR TIME etc.... I think it'll be time to "get yo popcorn ready" for the great TO meltdown.

At least, I HOPE so.....:p

SkiDog

Paul said:
TO complained often about doing the job, that's the crux. I don't think he cares about winning half as much as he cares about having his name in the press. Also, don't forget that TO has a history of getting "Alligator Arms" when he doesn't get his way. If that Oline doesn't hold up, and Bledsoe plays like...well....Bledsoe, and if Terry Glenn and Jason Whitten have more catches, TDs, ON AIR TIME etc.... I think it'll be time to "get yo popcorn ready" for the great TO meltdown.

At least, I HOPE so.....:p

I agree that it makes for an exciting season....only time will tell...he could be the "golden goose" for Dalllas though...

M

Charlie Schuessler

Speaking strictly as a fan, the Giants in the NFC and the Patriots in the AFC. And if they meet in the Superbowl, let the better team that day win...

JimG.

Staff member
SkiDog said:
I dont think MJ was a "team" player either...he cared about winning...and IMHO..thats what T.O. cares about...

Like i said..he doesnt ahve to be friends with his "co-workers" shoot I dislike half the ones I work with, but I STILL WORK with them and do my job..to the best of my abilities...

Does a team pay a player to be a "good guy" or do they pay him to perfrom a job? I think its the latter...and T.O. never complained about doing the "job"....there is someting to be said for "hired guns" which is what I think T.O. is....

M

OK, one more fact and I'll stop...

Championships:

Jordan: 6, twice threepeats.

TO: ZERO, ZILCH, NONE.

TO isn't in the same league.

tree_skier

thetrailboss said:
Don't get me wrong...I'm THRILLED that the Pats have done as well as they have, but I can name MORE Giants players, past and present, than Pats.

C'mon the Pats DON'T have an LT!

So go Giants! :beer:

Now not only is the name BRUSCHI, pronounced BREW SKI for those out of the loop, much better then LT but he also makes the plays when it matters not just to fill a highlight real and you don't have to worry if what he put up his nose is going to effect his game.

SkiDog

JimG. said:
OK, one more fact and I'll stop...

Championships:

Jordan: 6, twice threepeats.

TO: ZERO, ZILCH, NONE.

TO isn't in the same league.

Yet T.O. hasnt played as many years yet as Jordan, and I dont think you could compare 1 to 1 ratios, longevity of football is much shorter than hoops.

....hey...trust me I think the guys antics are outreagous...however..some might say..ANY PRESS IS GOOD PRESS...so..and I still think hes great, but you also agree here I think.

Just making conversations...hey we're both Giants fans anyway...so..I still would take him in a hearbeat...we'd have a ring toot sweet...Tiki, Shockey, Plaxico, and T.O. wow..like I said earlier..I could throw to them...(or handoff). heck I think my neice could thats how good they'd be.

M

SkiDog

tree_skier said:
Now not only is the name BRUSCHI, pronounced BREW SKI for those out of the loop, much better then LT but he also makes the plays when it matters not just to fill a highlight real and you don't have to worry if what he put up his nose is going to effect his game.

LT REVOLUTIONIZED THE POSITION...Nuff said... ;-)

Plus I dont think Bruschi broke anyones leg yet... sorry I HAD to..."snap heard round the world"

M

JimG.

Staff member
SkiDog said:
Plus I dont think Bruschi broke anyones leg yet... sorry I HAD to..."snap heard round the world"

M

That play STILL bothers me...I remember seeing it live on Monday Night Football and they kept replaying it from every imaginable angle. When they went to slow motion stop action I had to turn away. Gruesome.

I remembered it the day I broke my left leg so badly skiing that for weeks I was in danger of losing it.

SkiDog

tree_skier said:

In 13 seasons LT had 132.5 sacks...

so far in 10 years Bruschi has had all of 27...think hes going to have a HUGE next 3 years?? I dont...sorry...hes no LT..

M

SkiDog

JimG. said:
That play STILL bothers me...I remember seeing it live on Monday Night Football and they kept replaying it from every imaginable angle. When they went to slow motion stop action I had to turn away. Gruesome.

I remembered it the day I broke my left leg so badly skiing that for weeks I was in danger of losing it.

Like it was yesterday...they just kept going...and it was like the had a mic near his knee....I agree gruesome.....but I still had to throw it in there...you'll never forget it will you???

Bruschi's good...but he doesnt come close to LT. LT was the MAN despite what he may or may not have put up his nose....times were different..

M

JimG.

Staff member
SkiDog said:
Like it was yesterday...they just kept going...and it was like the had a mic near his knee....I agree gruesome.....but I still had to throw it in there...you'll never forget it will you???

Bruschi's good...but he doesnt come close to LT. LT was the MAN despite what he may or may not have put up his nose....times were different..

M

I agree about LT...he was a total animal. And I agree he revolutionized his position, yet still nobody plays it as well as he did. LT was FEARED by opposing offenses; QB's heard footsteps every time they dropped back to pass.

And LT was a good run defender too, unlike many prolific pass rushers. Bruschi is good, but he's no LT.

tree_skier

SkiDog said:
LT REVOLUTIONIZED THE POSITION...Nuff said... ;-)

M

If all you want is a pass rusher then LT is your man but if you want a linebacker to play every down, drop back into coverage, rush, run stop then Bruschi over LT any da. I am not even sure that if I could take any 1 linebacker from the giants in there prime for my team it would be LT.

by the way I was sitting in a little bar in Plymouth after my monday night grad course @ PSC for the broken leg on large screen TV.

John84

Only two real contenders in the NFC East are the Redskins and Giants. Being from the D.C. area, I'm giving the edge to the Redskins. Without a doubt it's gonna be an awesome year for the NFC East though, as Dallas isn't far behind the Skins and Giants, and Philly is halfway decent.