Lift droppings - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift droppings

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post

Dye the rest of the jacket to match the stain. Then you don't have to worry about it again.
    My personality is far too much fun for that!! I tried a black jacket one year..wore it twice HATED IT and never wear it unless I am poaching later in the evenings...
    Days on Snow 2015: 6 Days
    K-Town, Ski Sundown
    Past Seasons: 2010 84 days, 2011 85 Days, 2012 75 Days, 2013 78 Days, 2014 74 Days

SKI SUNDOWN JUNKIE

Try 2 or 3 Hefeweizen, always works for me

Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    Whatever you do be sure to keep the waterproofness of the jacket intact - way more important than looks.

I'd spot treat with liquid nikwak - apply to the spot at rub like heck, then wash per nikwax instructions.
    this - except blot, not rub. we had a morning of freezing rain that coated the lifts then melted up at greek peak and just trashed my jacket with grease spots. i thought it was a goner but mrs snobunski made the save
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

I always re-apply spray on waterproofer after washing any of my jackets or ski pants quiver .
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Here's an odd fact I learned this Winter. Mt Snow uses a water based grease on the sheave bearings. I guess it has something to do with National Forestland requirements. Anyways, what usually drips on you is the dust from the sheaves. I've found that washing a jacket with Nikwax washer usually does the trick.

We dont have that problem at whiteface. The lazy bastards don't grease anything. Then they look at each other funny when the lifts keep breaking down.

Thread Information