• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hey Camp ... Subi Impreza 2012

mondeo

Is the great mileage with a CVT or a MT?

If it's the former, consider my Subie curiosity short lived. :lol:
I'm hoping it's with a dual clutch transmission and direct injection. With a 7-speed dual clutch, you should get fairly similar highway performance. If they don't refresh the engine a bit, I don't know what they're thinking. It's pretty ancient. I'm scared of bloat, though they were fairly successful in keeping it down with the last refresh.

Camp- any word on if the WRX and STI will get any light shed on them at NY, or are they an announcement to follow later? I've read that they don't arrive until early 2012, but I don't think Subie's even acknowledged their continued existence yet.

Last edited:

campgottagopee

Camp- any word on if the WRX and STI will get any light shed on them at NY, or are they an announcement to follow later? I've read that they don't arrive until early 2012, but I don't think Subie's even acknowledged their continued existence yet.

Not 100% certain, but I would imagine we wont see much on that car until mid summer at the dealer meeting in Chicago....think early August??

campgottagopee

Just did my April allocation for Subie....it's down about 90%!!!!!!

Again, if anyone is in the market for a new Subie DO NOT WAIT!!! Inventory levels are going to go WAY down and ordering a car right now is NOT an option. Ugh.

hammer

Just did my April allocation for Subie....it's down about 90%!!!!!!

Again, if anyone is in the market for a new Subie DO NOT WAIT!!! Inventory levels are going to go WAY down and ordering a car right now is NOT an option. Ugh.
I would guess that this will have a ripple effect on overall car supplies. Makes me glad that my purchase is already done...

dmc

Are they checking parts and cars for radiation? Has it been talked about at the dealership?

campgottagopee

Are they checking parts and cars for radiation? Has it been talked about at the dealership?

Yes, Nissan had a boat sitting outside the port for several days be4 it was let in.

No worries here at the store. By the time units hit here they've been touched/inspected by numerous people.

dmc

Yes, Nissan had a boat sitting outside the port for several days be4 it was let in.

No worries here at the store. By the time units hit here they've been touched/inspected by numerous people.

thats what i figured..

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
XV Concept debuted at the Shanghai Auto Show (suggested as being similar to a US Impreza Outback Sport):

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/04/another-day-another-impreza-design/

http://www.insideline.com/subaru/im...eza-crossover-at-2011-shanghai-auto-show.html

Looks interesting. Totally Aping Volvo in front end design. Seriously love the panoramic glass roof, nice rip off from the VW SportWagen, cool feature. That color is whack. Looks taller than the current Impreza Wagon or is that just a trick on the eyes? Wheels are hideous. Tell me that the back seats fold down flat and I am sold.

wa-loaf

The new Beatle is looking pretty sporty:
04-Beetle_maxsize_735_490.jpg

05_maxsize_735_490.jpg

06_maxsize_735_490.jpg

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
The new Beatle is looking pretty sporty:
You're either showing your age or poor taste. Or both. :p

Too small for my needs, but it will be interesting to see what they rate the new 2012 Hyundai Accent at for MPG. The hatch looks pretty damn sporty and I just read a rumor of Prius like numbers.

It seems like things are really being stepped up across the board. Both with MPG, interior quality, and features. Compared to my bare bones 99 base econobox, everything new looks damn near royalty to my eyes. It is great to see 40 MPG as the new standard for compacts. Subaru is wise to step it up in this category. Trailing the industry standard by 4 MPG isn't that bad. Without the upgrade in MPG to the Impreza, Subaru would have been nearly 50% behind in fuel economy from average in category, and more than 50% behind the category leaders. :eek:

wa-loaf

You're either showing your age or poor taste. Or both. :p

Hey, didn't say I wanted one. I've got 2 kids. I need a station wagon at a minimum. Will probably move to the new Outback when my current one starts costing me money.

I do think it's a sharp revision of the Beetle and looks like it would be a blast to drive.

bvibert

Staff member
XV Concept debuted at the Shanghai Auto Show (suggested as being similar to a US Impreza Outback Sport):

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/04/another-day-another-impreza-design/

http://www.insideline.com/subaru/im...eza-crossover-at-2011-shanghai-auto-show.html

Looks interesting. Totally Aping Volvo in front end design. Seriously love the panoramic glass roof, nice rip off from the VW SportWagen, cool feature. That color is whack. Looks taller than the current Impreza Wagon or is that just a trick on the eyes? Wheels are hideous. Tell me that the back seats fold down flat and I am sold.

Not a fan. Looks like some sort of Suzuki to me...