• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Classifieds Forum?

Should we create a "Classifieds" forum?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilentCal

After seeing the amount of food that MtnMagic ate at the Mooseland Grill last year, I'd take his reviews as gospel! :roll: :roll: :roll:
I really like the calendar idea. It would be a great way for the skiers and hikers to match screen names and faces. Plus sometimes it would be nice to have someone to hike with and not worry about going solo.

jimme

I agree, when a new name pos in with a link to some type of gear is fishy. I lambasted some guy on SnowJournal when he did the same thing. There is too much advertizing on Web based apps going on today.

I'd vote yes for a classified fourm, but would probably never go to it; so I'll vote no. Not that you want to, but the best option might be that the fourm members take care of suspicious posts by requesting they be removed. SnowJournal created "the Pit" forum for off topic posts and just about anything else. Maybe AlpineZone could do something similar. (I just go right to Skiing and Ski Trips. I haven't had the time to dig deeper here yet, but am interested in the hiking fourm when the snow melts.)

A tough call. The forum dosen't want to be littered with ads, but at the same time if there is a new grass roots product, or other gizmo we might find useful, it would be a shame to chastise those attempting to enlighten us. Maybe that could be the point of intolerance. If the product is 'new', and the promoter is 'grass roots', and not a big company the post would be allowed.

Jimme

teachski

Website
teachski.com
I like the idea of starting a forum where we can announce trips and arrange meetings. Maybe we should plan a few "board" events to get to meet some of the people in person. I am not much of a hiker, but easier hikes would appeal to me. SKI/board get togethers definately would appeal to me.

With skiing/boarding trips it is easier to have participants over a wide variety of levels, but on a hiking trip it may be wise to include a "level of difficulty" index so people like me, who are not avid hikers, do not go to the difficult hikes and hold others back.

Greg

Staff member
teachski said:
I like the idea of starting a forum where we can announce trips and arrange meetings. Maybe we should plan a few "board" events to get to meet some of the people in person. I am not much of a hiker, but easier hikes would appeal to me. SKI/board get togethers definately would appeal to me.

With skiing/boarding trips it is easier to have participants over a wide variety of levels, but on a hiking trip it may be wise to include a "level of difficulty" index so people like me, who are not avid hikers, do not go to the difficult hikes and hold others back.
Let's try to keep the Event/Trip Forum discussion in this thread:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?t=403

Thanks!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Greg said:
teachski said:

Let's try to keep the Event/Trip Forum discussion in this thread:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?t=403

Thanks!

OOPS! Sorry, I didn't realize I left that thread!

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Greg, I think it might be good if you create the classified ad section, that way people who want to post to promote something can and those that don't want to read them don't have to.