• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

One year of being smoke free

Grassi21

So when are you going to quit smoking the pole?

I've heard quiting cigs is harder than heroin. I have also heard quitting smoking the pole is harder than cigs. Just what I heard....

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I've heard quiting cigs is harder than heroin. I have also heard quitting smoking the pole is harder than cigs. Just what I heard....

Ok, guys, before this gets out of hand. If there is any pole smoking going on, it's being done by Marc, not Zee. :razz: Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Grassi21

Ok, guys, before this gets out of hand. If there is any pole smoking going on, it's being done by Marc, not Zee. :razz: Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Often times Marc's posts bring out the dark side of my humor.

In all seriousness, keep up the good work. I was more of a social smoker so I don't know what its really like to be addicted to cigs.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Marc.gif

thaller1

Congratulations! Quitting smoking was the best thing I ever did for myself... I couldn't bike a 1/4 mile when I smoked 10 years ago and this year I biked 185 for the American Lung Association! What a feeling!

knuckledragger

I will say thise about quiting smoking; My doctor said when I quit my blood preasure would drop my colestral would drop and if I gained any weight studies showed it would be gone in 2 years. Report after 14 years, weight up about 40 lbs, cholesteral 175 with lipitor and blood ppressure was still a little high with medication. THe Bastard lied!!!

NYDrew

Congrats man!!! I'm on day 27 myself without a single slip. Going with the patch though, switcing to step two at 9PM tommorrow.

I've tried to quit at least 4 other times in the past 3 years. This is the longest I have ever gone and I thing this is it. I turned in my addiction in for a treadmill and some iron. Since I quit I lost 15 lbs of summer fat and followed that with a gain of 10lbs muscle mass. I just run a mile everytime I crave a stick. Then before bed I wipe myself out with lifting so I don't crave my before bed smoke.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Congrats man!!! I'm on day 27 myself without a single slip. Going with the patch though, switcing to step two at 9PM tommorrow.

I've tried to quit at least 4 other times in the past 3 years. This is the longest I have ever gone and I thing this is it. I turned in my addiction in for a treadmill and some iron. Since I quit I lost 15 lbs of summer fat and followed that with a gain of 10lbs muscle mass. I just run a mile everytime I crave a stick. Then before bed I wipe myself out with lifting so I don't crave my before bed smoke.

Well good for you, keep it up! And you should consider signing onto www.quitnet.com if for nothing else but to see your stats. It was nice seeing how much money I was saving everyday. Kind of thing what kind of ski stuff I could buy with it. I think it's the mental stuff like this that helps.