Tripyramids: August 11, 2006 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't know if you were planning on submitting your application for the AMC 4000'er certificate, but you're not allowed to use a bike on the hikes for the list. There's nothing wrong with using your bike on this loop, but it means that you can't count it for the AMC list. It's only an issue if you want the patch.

-dave-

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    I don't know if you were planning on submitting your application for the AMC 4000'er certificate, but you're not allowed to use a bike on the hikes for the list. There's nothing wrong with using your bike on this loop, but it means that you can't count it for the AMC list. It's only an issue if you want the patch.

-dave-
    I was thinking the same thing....
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I have never heard of this 4000 footer certificate, thanks for letting me know tho might try to pursue it some day now that I know it exists

Oooh! The 4000 footer club is a neat thing. Their web site explains the goals and the rules if you want to follow them and apply for membership.

Chasing the lists got me to a lot of summits I'd never have otherwise visited, made for fun goals, and a couple of great celebrations.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

That interesting, im actually thinking of doing tripyramid again later this month. Bringing friend and I'm still gonna bike it in That slide is definately worth more than one visit

A very nice read! If you need a hiking partner feel free to pm me. I live in The Whites to hike The Whites. Just add water with a sandwich and I'm raring to go!!

To be different in May, our group took Greeley Ponds Trail, to Flume Path, visited The Flume (not North Woodstock, in Livermore!), took the Old Skidder Road Trail before separating to hike Scaur Ridge/North Slide. This routes saves time and mileage, has a lovely waterfall, and is most delightful.

Our New England Hiking & Adventurer's Group. http://hiking.meetup.com/283
    Knowledge. Events. Fellowship. And more!

Thread Information