• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Site Update Status Thread

Greg

Staff member
I'm going to use this sticky thread to help organize my thoughts as well as keep everyone informed on the status of site updates. Feel free to comment on site updates in their respective threads, or suggest new ones here. This first post will be edited as progress is made.

OPEN ITEMS:COMPLETED ITEMS:[*] SEO Optimization Mod
Status: Installed on 5/4/04. Should dramitically improve search engine placement on individual threads.

[*] AlpineZone Gear Store

[*] Category Icons

[*] Events/trips Forum; Calendar Mod
Status: A Single Trips & Events forum was created on 3/12/04. Adding the Calendar mod is on hold pending forum activity and the phpBB 2.2 release. More information.

[*] Classified Forum

[*]New Ski Resort Profiles Script to Expand Covereage

[*]Create Forum Posting Guidelines
Status: Completed on 2/16/04. Split out the Announcements forum from the Feedback forum and posted the guidelines here.

[*]Fix Site Search
Status: Completed on 2/12/04. Directory permissions problem.[/list:u:470bba4659]

MtnMagic

Good one! Thanks for the laugh, Joshua!!

I always wondered why it took forever to look up a members profile. If I wished to look up someones name in the profile section with ones name beginning with any letter, I currently have to run through page 10, page 11, etc. until I finally locate it. This numerical method always is slower.

It always seemed to me that having the members profile section alphabitized would be quicker, faster, as in so much more efficient.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
When you go to the Memberlist page, pull down the "Select sort method" selection and pick whatever you'd like, such as "Username", then click on "Sort".

Greg

Staff member
Michael is right. You can sort the memberlist a number of ways. An even easier approach is simply to "Search for Author" (you can use * as a wildcard for partial matches) from the forum search tool and then click the "profile" button in one of their posts.

MtnMagic

When I sort by name, it does get alphabitized. It starts at 'a' and the pages say number 11, 12, etc. If I'm at 'a' and want to get to the end of the alphabet quickly, I do not see the fast method.

When I said the pages should be alphabitized I meant by each page, not by the number. That is the "a" not page 1. The "d" page not page 5/6 etc.

Greg

Staff member
MtnMagic said:
When I said the pages should be alphabitized I meant by each page, not by the number. That is the "a" not page 1. The "d" page not page 5/6 etc.
I see what you mean. Try the "Search for Author" method...

Greg

Staff member
Updates to items list made on 3/12/04.

MtnMagic

I feel that the Calender Mod added before summer would improve this site all around. Hikes to go on, hikers to meet, more photos, more trip reports, and more hits.

Greg

Staff member
MtnMagic said:
I feel that the Calender Mod added before summer would improve this site all around. Hikes to go on, hikers to meet, more photos, more trip reports, and more hits.
Point taken. If the trips & events forum proves popular, I'll add it.

Greg

Staff member
Update to items list made on 3/17/04.

Greg

Staff member
Update to items list made on 4/12/04.

Greg

Staff member
Today is a good day. All AZ critical software is now current with the latest stable official releases:
  • phpBB: 2.0.8
  • Gallery: v1.4.3-pl1
  • phpAdsNew: 2.0
Give that admin a beer! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Update to items list made on 6/9/04.

Greg

Staff member
smitty77 said:
You're a month behind Greg. Now I know you want to prolong the summer, but it just isn't possible. :D
:oops:

Greg

Staff member
Update to items list made on 9/29/04.