Sugarloaf - 5/1/2011 (May Day) - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Looks absolutely outstanding! Was that Wayne's first day back on skis?
    Yup. He texted me of his plans the night before and I couldn't believe it. He's back in mid-season form! Like he never missed a ski day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
    that guy in the short ripps.
    Nobody carves turns as smoothly as that guy in shorts.=)
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Just having Fun, Norm and I figured about 4.30 you would start heading towards the summit. Great to see you guys one more time.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Was great to get back out.

I took it easy yesterday, kept it slow, and relaxed... I quit as soon as I started feeling tired.

I had to get out one more time.

Felt fine, no repercussions yesterday or today...

Thanks for making my last day of the year so much fun guys, we had a good crew to ski with.

-w

p.s. The 'short portage' referenced above at the bottom of misery whip was MAYBE ten feet... snoseek did some grass / mud skiing, the rest of us (i think) clicked out and walked the short stretch. TOTALLY worth it for an awesome run down the Whip...
    2017-2018 - 4
    Okemo (11/12)
    Wachusett (11/25)
    Loon (12/
    Bretton Woods (12/9)
    2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

The WHIP looks outstanding. Love that trail and to see it with the coverage on May 1st is just CRAZY! Nice.

The bottom of Whip was just harmlesss moss, but that trail was money.
    The T-Bar offered a very fine line to ski too.
    Sorry I lost you guys after we made our final room sweep. I made it out for a few more but after 2 days of skiing some of the softest bumps/snow my legs and face were fried and I headed back to Portland about 2:30.
    If the thunder don't getcha then the lightning will.

What a way to end a great season in Maine! Great skiing with each and every one of you yesterday and this season.

Got some of those tight trees off the x-cut next to Bubblecuffer second to last run. Tricky getting in but fun and deep once you dropped in and it opened up a little. Misery whip was fun, Nitro was soft and the bumps on Gondi were big and soft. I never got anything off the superquad area except for tote but the coverage looked amazing. I would say next weekend will be good to go off the SQ. If you really support the idea of seven month skiing in New England then you owe it to yourself to get on up there next weekend, I wish I could make it, work is getting crazy...

P.S. You fokkers have fun riding that shiny new quad next year, I'm doubting that creaky old pos will be missed after the first ride lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bob R View Post
    Just having Fun, Norm and I figured about 4.30 you would start heading towards the summit. Great to see you guys one more time.
    If the drive home wasn't so long, I would have headed up to the summit at 4 and skied down with patrol. I didn't want the ski day to end. I need one more day at the Loaf!

Quote Originally Posted by WJenness View Post
    Was great to get back out.

I took it easy yesterday, kept it slow, and relaxed... I quit as soon as I started feeling tired.

I had to get out one more time.

Felt fine, no repercussions yesterday or today...

Thanks for making my last day of the year so much fun guys, we had a good crew to ski with.

-w

p.s. The 'short portage' referenced above at the bottom of misery whip was MAYBE ten feet... snoseek did some grass / mud skiing, the rest of us (i think) clicked out and walked the short stretch. TOTALLY worth it for an awesome run down the Whip...
    Great to ski with you again! Take care of that head of yours. This skiing season is not over yet!

Quote Originally Posted by maineskier69 View Post
    The bottom of Whip was just harmlesss moss, but that trail was money.
    The T-Bar offered a very fine line to ski too.
    Sorry I lost you guys after we made our final room sweep. I made it out for a few more but after 2 days of skiing some of the softest bumps/snow my legs and face were fried and I headed back to Portland about 2:30.
    Harmless moss - I didn't want a natural stone grind! Missed out on the t-bar line. One year, madpadraic and I skied that and we could see a small brook running underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    What a way to end a great season in Maine! Great skiing with each and every one of you yesterday and this season.

Got some of those tight trees off the x-cut next to Bubblecuffer second to last run. Tricky getting in but fun and deep once you dropped in and it opened up a little. Misery whip was fun, Nitro was soft and the bumps on Gondi were big and soft. I never got anything off the superquad area except for tote but the coverage looked amazing. I would say next weekend will be good to go off the SQ. If you really support the idea of seven month skiing in New England then you owe it to yourself to get on up there next weekend, I wish I could make it, work is getting crazy...

P.S. You fokkers have fun riding that shiny new quad next year, I'm doubting that creaky old pos will be missed after the first ride lol
    One more day at the Loaf? C'mon, I know you want it too. Only way you're getting your ski poles back is at the Loaf or Tux.=)
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Skimaine View Post
    Sorry I missed team AZ. I lost track of time while seeking nourishment at the Beach. BackLoafRiver did not make the trip (Epic Fail). He is super bummed.
    Agreed. Looks like I missed an amazing day. Sorry I missed the crew. Everything was packed up, ready to go when work-hell came crashing down Saturday. Fail. Killer pics. Misery Whip looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for the report both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    Agreed. Looks like I missed an amazing day. Sorry I missed the crew. Everything was packed up, ready to go when work-hell came crashing down Saturday. Fail. Killer pics. Misery Whip looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for the report both of you.
    Life happens. Hope to ski with you next season -- unless you're hiking for turns at Tux, in which case, I hope to see you soon.

Thread Information