• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - Friday, 11/10/2006 (contingent on opening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Staff member
I probably jinxed their opening by starting a similar thread last year, but what the hell. As of right now, Killington is projecting Saturday, November 11 as their opening. Before last year, they often opened on a weekday, whenever they could open terrain. If they open on the 10th (a Friday), I'll likely go, or perhaps the following Friday (11/17). Anyone else interested?

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
It's a possibility for me, we'll see how the vacation time is looking then (if it's a weekday)... ;)

Last edited:

Vortex

There will be an outing on the 1st Sat at the River. The River board will be doing this as well. We merged the groups cause many cross posters last year, We had 30+ people l. I'm sure it will work well again. Again it you have not had Maineskier69's wings...

Don't really want to talk about it cause it won't be cold and snow then. Sounds like that Sat won't be opening day anyway.:spin:

Greg

Staff member
We're getting close to one month out so I figured I'd bump this. Again, if opening day is on a weekday, I may go for it...

Vortex

Rumours are for Nov 4th or 5th if its cold enough for K. I could make Sunday the 5th. I have a condo meeting the morning of the 4th. If Bretton woods makes it open I would buzz up there on the 4th in the pm.

MbinCT

I probably jinxed their opening by starting a similar thread last year, but what the hell. As of right now, Killington is projecting Saturday, November 11 as their opening. Before last year, they often opened on a weekday, whenever they could open terrain. If they open on the 10th (a Friday), I'll likely go, or perhaps the following Friday (11/17). Anyone else interested?

I'm going to be there probably that Saturday only! Although last year I got a great deal on a Motel for opening weekend and had a blast at the Wobbly Barn and skied Sunday too.
Maybe, just maybe I can pull that off again.
:beer:

2knees

not sure i'd even want to do a killington opening day if it fell on a weekend. 11/10 or 11/17 are totally game for me though.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
as circumstances have it, apparently i will be switching work days for a weekend and will have the 10th off. if kmart opens on friday, i will likely be there. if kmart does not open on friday, i will VERY likely be there :D in either case, i won't be paying for a ticket, but wouldn't mind saying hello and meeting up with folks either at the summit or the base or somewhere in between ;) i should have a radio on me, but i'll be pretty obvious as i'll be the one skiing up hill. unless of course there is better snow further north if the natural makes a go.

Greg

Staff member
not sure i'd even want to do a killington opening day if it fell on a weekend. 11/10 or 11/17 are totally game for me though.

I'm good for the 10th, not good on the 17th. Hope for an early opening!

Greg

Staff member
I'm good for the 10th, not good on the 17th. Hope for an early opening!

Looks like early November is a possibility. I'm on for November 10 if they open. Any other takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.