• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Official Storm Discussion Threads"

Greg

Staff member
Can't wait for these... :)

Lostone

I came to this thread expecting to see them listed out! :angry:

Now I've wasted one of the more important minutes of my day! :flame:

:idea: They tell me I need to get out more. :roll:

bvibert

Staff member
:idea: They tell me I need to get out more. :roll:

You need to get out more. ;)

Just for you; Here's most of them listed out:
http://forums.alpinezone.com/search.php?searchid=19005

Personally, I don't usually read to much of those storms threads since the weather geeks ussually clog them up with all sorts of mumbo jumbo that hurts my head. I do appreciate the heads up that they give though. :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
The technical explanations hurt my head, I just want to know if it's likely to snow or not. ;)

awf170

bvibert you think our mumbo-jumbo is bad? Go over to some WX forums, it took me weeks to even figure out if they were talking about snow or not.

bvibert

Staff member
bvibert you think our mumbo-jumbo is bad? Go over to some WX forums, it took me weeks to even figure out if they were talking about snow or not.

No thanks, I'll stick to skimming the threads here to confuse myself. I'm usually the kind of guy that likes to know the intricate workings of things, but for some reason I just can't get into the weather mumbo-jumbo. I'll rely on the experts to decipher it for me. ;)

Zand

IMO, in October, the "Channel X said we're getting 2 feet in 3 weeks" stuff is pretty fun. By December when stuff really happens, we don't really need it. Last year was real funny. We were talking about this big Thanksgiving storm by Halloween lol. Then we got the big nor'easter 2 days early (all rain) and a small clipper on TG day.

ctenidae

I heard we were going to get a massive dumping of amazing powder on Halloween again this year.

I may have been talking to myself when I heard it, or I may have been drunk at the time. It's even possible I was both.

I do like the discussion threads, because they make me seriously consider my calendar and if I really need to be here on that Tuesday.