• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Outage 5/12/11 ?

bvibert

Staff member
Yup. He posted on Facebook this morning that we were experiencing difficulties. Seems to be all fixed now.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah apparently there were DNS issues. The host took care of it this morning. I'm nots ure on the root cause, but note to self I have to setup an instant notifier for downtime, I actually didn't even realize it until AndyZee sent me a message on Facebook the site was down.

-Nick

bvibert

Staff member
ahhh Bacchhhh... No Facebook at work.

I guess that's a flaw. There's not really any other good way to let people know what's going on when there's server issues, at least not that I can think of.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I guess that's a flaw. There's not really any other good way to let people know what's going on when there's server issues, at least not that I can think of.

I'm sure that if AZ is down for a day, we'll live. But if you really want to notify folks, I imagine you can put together a mail distribution list with everyone's email and send notification. Just a thought.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah the emails are all listed in the site database, so if the site is down I can't access them. Actually I was thinking of extracting all the email addresses and setting up a newsletter program, but I want to be sure before I do that I'm not spamming anyone. I would actually like to send out say a monthly newsletter that just listed hot topics, what's going on, any AZ member specials they can get in on, and maybe any general announcements.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Yeah the emails are all listed in the site database, so if the site is down I can't access them. Actually I was thinking of extracting all the email addresses and setting up a newsletter program, but I want to be sure before I do that I'm not spamming anyone. I would actually like to send out say a monthly newsletter that just listed hot topics, what's going on, any AZ member specials they can get in on, and maybe any general announcements.

You can always give people the option to opt out.

Glenn

I gotta find the FB page. When I look on my BB, there's a whole bunch of other "Alpine Zones". What's the profile pic look like? I can't get to FB @ work...gotta use the BB.

bvibert

Staff member
I gotta find the FB page. When I look on my BB, there's a whole bunch of other "Alpine Zones". What's the profile pic look like? I can't get to FB @ work...gotta use the BB.

Search for AlpineZone.com. The profile pic is the blue peak logo in the upper left of this page.