• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Now the ADs on AZ make noise???

dmc

Thats just super annoying.. I don't need jungle noises coming from Web pages...

bvibert

Staff member
I usually have the sound turned down low here at work, so I didn't notice. Now that you mention it though I remember hearing jungle sounds on my laptop at home the other day. I couldn't figure out which tab it was coming from. I guess I know now.

Definitely not a fan of ads that make noise, or websites that automatically start videos when they load, or really any sites that make noise that I'm not expecting I guess.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I haven't heard it...but I, too, find noise making ads of any kind highly annoying. So, let me get this straight, we may not have the steezy one.. but we've got a new cheesy one?

Just heard it.... total Cheese!

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm not a fan either.

Hate any website that has video or sound that starts up the moment the page loads.

dmc

Annoying... Just happened again... uuuuuuuuuuuuugh...

dmc

It doesn't happen on my iPad... Because it doesn't allow Flash... I hate Flash...
How presumptive - thinking I'd really want to listen to their stupid commercial..
It's just annoying.. And Flash starts right up... I don't like anything starting on my computers without knowing..

i have to figure out how to turn it off or It's seriously going to impact my AZ experience..

Glenn

I've had it happen a few times...but not that regularly. I wonder if it only makes the sound if you mouse over the ad?

We don't pay anything to post here, so ads at the top don't really bother me all that much. Ya gotta pay to play.

dmc

Nice sig. :lol:

As an ex-Flash developer - I think that I have a good base for my disgust...
Also notice there are no sounds embedded into my Flash stuff..

Last edited:

dmc

I've had it happen a few times...but not that regularly. I wonder if it only makes the sound if you mouse over the ad?

We don't pay anything to post here, so ads at the top don't really bother me all that much. Ya gotta pay to play.

They don't normally bother me either - in fact I'll occasionally click on them to support the site...

But the apps starting with the noise without my letting them is bad..

wa-loaf

The ad only makes noise when you roll over it. Still annoying, but at least is doesn't jump right into it.

Black Phantom

It doesn't happen on my iPad... Because it doesn't allow Flash... I hate Flash...
How presumptive - thinking I'd really want to listen to their stupid commercial..
It's just annoying.. And Flash starts right up... I don't like anything starting on my computers without knowing..

i have to figure out how to turn it off or It's seriously going to impact my AZ experience..

layout_experience_gap.gif

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Interesting here is a post from Google about the AdSense ads, from like a year ago:

I'm so sorry to hear about this - I can understand how obnoxious sounds would really undermine your user experience, and this is something we'd really like to avoid.

It would be very helpful to us if someone could provide a URL or screen shot of this type of ad so we could follow up on it and see if these ads have accidentally made it through our screening process. We don't usually accept ads with distracting sound, so I would be interested in seeing some of these ads myself.

Thanks for your help with this!

Kathy