• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bottomless Sac

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Some really nice ski poles on steepandcheap.com, Swix Mach CT 1 Ski Pole, $61.25, regular price $224.95.. Would you guys buy some already so that I can see the next item :lol:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Some really nice ski poles on steepandcheap.com, Swix Mach CT 1 Ski Pole, $61.25, regular price $224.95.. Would you guys buy some already so that I can see the next item :lol:
no kidding, what's next is what i have been saying all week! no wonder these guys had to do a bottomless sac week with regular priced poles at $224 :eek: i don't think i have ever paid more than 30 for a pair and i have gotten some nice poles at that price.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
no kidding, what's next is what i have been saying all week! no wonder these guys had to do a bottomless sac week with regular priced poles at $224 :eek: i don't think i have ever paid more than 30 for a pair and i have gotten some nice poles at that price.

:flame: Hey, hey, you're not helping here!:smash:

Grassi21

I picked up a pair of those Indigo Epic adjustable poles the other day. They are regularly priced around 100 bucks. I grabbed them for 34. I know its more of a BC pole, but I needed poles and the price was right. This sounds like a stupid question to me, but I'll ask it anyway. Will this poles be OK for this intermediate who hasn't spent a day in the BC? When my skills get to the right point I do plan on trying the BC scene.

roark

I picked up a pair of those Indigo Epic adjustable poles the other day. They are regularly priced around 100 bucks. I grabbed them for 34. I know its more of a BC pole, but I needed poles and the price was right. This sounds like a stupid question to me, but I'll ask it anyway. Will this poles be OK for this intermediate who hasn't spent a day in the BC? When my skills get to the right point I do plan on trying the BC scene.
I wish I'd grabbed those...

I say use them to determine what really is the right length for you then get fixed poles in that length (and give the adjustables to me!:wink: )

Grassi21

I also picked up a pair of $40 Leki poles for $16 bucks in my length at a local shop. It looks like the wife will get the fixed lenght poles for next season and I'll roll with the Indigos. Sorry roark.

Here is a mini-hijack... When would you need longer poles in the BC? When hiking up the mountain? My goal is to earn some turns at the local hill this spring to get ready for lax season.

Greg

Staff member
Would you guys find it useful if the current SAC product was listed directly in the Gear forum?

Grassi21

Would you guys find it useful if the current SAC product was listed directly in the Gear forum?

It would be useful. That would be one less site I have to check per day.

Greg

Staff member
Agreed, but now I check SAC more than once a day if I remember.

Realize that as a product refreshes, a new thread with the current product will be created here.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
For me it doesn't matter with regards to seeing updates, I have Crazy Browser and just refresh on a regular basis. But it might be nice to list to discuss products that are for sale. The only issue now is that the products change at such irregular intervals, that you would need to update pretty frequently.

Greg

Staff member
The only issue now is that the products change at such irregular intervals, that you would need to update pretty frequently.
Have faith, Mr Zee. Have faith. I'm a man of many talents! ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Realize that as a product refreshes, a new thread with the current product will be created here.

Well i'm always on here so I don't need to remember to check it here. ;)

Can you have one thread per day though, with the new items being added to it as new posts?

Greg

Staff member
Well i'm always on here so I don't need to remember to check it here. ;)

Can you have one thread per day though, with the new items being added to it as new posts?

No. It has to create a new thread for each product. We'll see how it goes. If it gets cluttered, I can create a sub-forum for them...