• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Enhancement Suggestions

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Hi Nick,

Would it be possible to suppress the "Deal of the Day" posts from the New Posts listings?

Instead of a link to an image, how about just showing the image? You Tube/Vimeo is the opposite. I can't see those at all, so there a link would be helpful.

Is there a way to attach an image to a post on the mobile interface?

Oh yeah, a "Like this post" feature would be outstanding as well. :beer:

Peace,
Root.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
For #1 - I'll take a look. I honestly have been a bit nervous about mucking up in the code too much yet, lest I somehow inadvertently take down the entire site (I actually took down SkiMRV for a couple hours last week by accident... whoops!)

What do you mean about linking to images and Youtube / Vimeo? Do you mean on a mobile site?

I'll look into attaching images on the mobile site. I've been using Tapatalk which is VERY easy to use to add images. But, it also costs $3.99 I think, although it works on a lot of forums (not just AZ).

There is a "like" button for each thread. I'll see if I can find one for liking the actual posts. I haven't played too much yet with vbulletin add-ons.

What I'd really like to do if I get some time is setup a staging area that mimics this site where I can put stuff in like this and people can test it out. I haven't figured out just yet how to do that.... but I'll be working on it some more this summer to prep for next year's ski season!

Nick

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
For #1 - I'll take a look. I honestly have been a bit nervous about mucking up in the code too much yet, lest I somehow inadvertently take down the entire site (I actually took down SkiMRV for a couple hours last week by accident... whoops!)

What do you mean about linking to images and Youtube / Vimeo? Do you mean on a mobile site?

I'll look into attaching images on the mobile site. I've been using Tapatalk which is VERY easy to use to add images. But, it also costs $3.99 I think, although it works on a lot of forums (not just AZ).

There is a "like" button for each thread. I'll see if I can find one for liking the actual posts. I haven't played too much yet with vbulletin add-ons.

What I'd really like to do if I get some time is setup a staging area that mimics this site where I can put stuff in like this and people can test it out. I haven't figured out just yet how to do that.... but I'll be working on it some more this summer to prep for next year's ski season!

Nick

#1 and #2 are specifically around the mobile site, and Tapatalk for Blackberry doesn't have an attach photo option.

The "like" this post option isn't "like" this and post back onFacebook. It's stays on the AZ domain. When a member posts something, and someone else likes it or agrees, they can like just that specific post, and everyone else can see they like it.,

See post #3 as an example.
http://vbdownload.info/community/th...-vbulletin-v3-8-x-and-v4-0-x.7856/#post-11676

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I agree with Root. I am also using a Blackberry to access the mobile site often and IMHO, it leaves a lot to be desired. It would be great if the embedded youtube videos would come up as a link like the pics do when reading a post on the mobile site.....

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'll see what the options are on blackberry. I'm not sure what plugin(s) we are using here for displaying the mobile site, of it it's just a vbulletin theme. I will continue to look and update here... give me a couple days :)