• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bradbury 6-6-11

BackLoafRiver

Usually I have been adding to my Bradbury thread but last nights ride deserves its own post.

Easily the best night so far for a ride...cool, sunny, and dry.

I got to the lot at 3:10 and was geared up by 3:30. For me, I am hella out of shape and climbing is my nemesis so I decided to spend some time on the mountain side. I ended up finding a new piece of singletrack that rocks.

Most of the climb up bradbury is double track. Easiest route is Ski trail (which starts as a sucky but short climb) to Northern Loop. I decided to go Northern Loop to Tote Road which is longer but more gradual (and, coincidentally, more rooty) and will drop you off at the summit. As I was headig up Tote, I found a sign for Krista's loop, a new trail maintained by the Teen Cycling Association or some such thing. It is a fun ride for sure!!! Riding it from the first entrance is a lot of climbing with some sections of killer flow. 1/2 way in, you can can continue the climb to the left, or descend to the right. I followed it to the summit where it connects with Northern Loop. I started heading down and once I made it sufficiently far enough, turned around to find Krista's loop again from the top. Descended the second half of the trail I hadn't ridden yet. The second half is a little more tech and slightly less flow but still a great ride.

The trail dumps you out at Tote Road again, probably a few hundred feet from where you start. I opted to head back up but somehow ended up on the Boundary Trail. This thing was WICKED. For me, a lot of hike-a-bike...tons of uphill roots and rocks that I couldn't manage. Was pissed I missed the turn. Made it back to the summit and came down Tote. Ripping fast descent...well worth the climbs.

Crossed the road and hit some stuff in reverse...went Knights Woods -> Trail 62-57 (that's what they named it...) -> Trail 56-58 -> Knight's Woods -> lanzo -> Lower Ginn -> Fox West -> Done.

The east side trails are as dry as can be. Amazing riding!!! I made decent time (for me)...8.96 miles in 1 hour 30 minutes. I had more leg left but had to get home for the lady. Kind of a bummer, on the last turn on Fox, you have to sharp corner over a rock wall....my rear tire washed out and sent me into the wall. My arm went out to brace for impact and I beat it up something fierce. I didnt break anything but it hurts to make a fist or hold anything heavy. Looking forward to more riding tomorrow!