• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

looking for a 3 hour loop Grand Isle Vt region

Vortex

Going camping this Weekend at Grand Isle state park on Lake Champlain. Looking for a medium to moderate hike to do with my wife and dog. 3 hour range aprox. Loop would be great.

thanks in advance

nelsapbm

Are you talking about driving off-island to hike? The islands are darn flat so you'd be doing more "nature walk" type stuff there.

Vortex

I am willing to drive 20 miles or so. I am in burlington during the am tomorrow for a kids sports event.

Niquette bay state park looked like the closest option. One 1 hour hike and a few other shorter ones. not really what I wanted, but I think its a good fall back plan if I can't come up with anything else.

Last edited:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
May be a bit further, but would definitely check out Mt. Mansfield area. If you don't want to tough a hike, drive up the toll road and hike around the top. Real nice up there. The car ride up 108 between Smuggs and Stowe is a nice trip in itself.