• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

o3jeff

Gmcunni, what did you ever do for a ski rack.

I actually miss my 2003 Wrangler, hopefully I don't see a good deal on one....

gmcunni

What are you looking for, the trailer hitch one that goes in the bike rack?

my first preference is a tire mounted rack. but i'm not ruling out a hitch mounted setup. i don't have a hitch but i'll be getting one sooner or later and if i found a deal on a rack i'd go with sooner.

but alas, i''ve made it this far this season so perhaps i won't need one.

o3jeff

my first preference is a tire mounted rack. but i'm not ruling out a hitch mounted setup. i don't have a hitch but i'll be getting one sooner or later and if i found a deal on a rack i'd go with sooner.

but alas, i''ve made it this far this season so perhaps i won't need one.

Have you found a spare tire mounted one that accepts a wider ski? I've been using etrailer for the couple hitches and wire harnesses I bought, very pleased with their service.

gmcunni

i think you( and others) have said the standard mopar tire mount rack holds mid-fats (mine are 84, i think you had 88) so i'll risk it and go with that.

i've used etrailer several times for hitches and racks, good products and services. will use them or quadratech (i have a gift card) for the hitch.

o3jeff

i think you( and others) have said the standard mopar tire mount rack holds mid-fats (mine are 84, i think you had 88) so i'll risk it and go with that.

i've used etrailer several times for hitches and racks, good products and services. will use them or quadratech (i have a gift card) for the hitch.

If you want mine, make an offer and I'll put an AZ sticker on it for and additional $5!

SKIQUATTRO

I'm looking for a spare mount bike rack as well...unless you have the hitch rack that swings out of the way, you cant open the trunk door....

gmcunni

I'm looking for a spare mount bike rack as well...unless you have the hitch rack that swings out of the way, you cant open the trunk door....

yes, but there is so little storage behind the rear seat in my TJ i can't fit anything anyway. i'm resigned to the jeep being a 2 (maybe 3) person ski vehicle. gear goes in the back seat.

powhunter

I had the trailer hitch mount years ago..Now I have the tire mounted ski rack, and tire mounted bike rack..Serves me well...

steveo

SKIQUATTRO

I put the Body Armor rack on my Jeep which my Thule bars attache to and i still have full use of my soft top as the thule bars quick disconnect. i now can haul my surfboards, thule box, ski rack etc up top...getting my bike up there is a bit of a pain...

gmcunni

I put the Body Armor rack on my Jeep which my Thule bars attache to and i still have full use of my soft top as the thule bars quick disconnect. i now can haul my surfboards, thule box, ski rack etc up top...getting my bike up there is a bit of a pain...

that's a nice setup.

gmcunni

If you want mine, make an offer and I'll put an AZ sticker on it for and additional $5!

thanks jeff. check will be in the mail tomorrow.

mounted the rack and tested. my 84mm skis fit fine. Jake's 90s fit with no room to spare. if i get new skis in the 95 range i'll make some minor mods to accommodate them.

i had to remove the cannon sticker because i've never been there but i did add an alpinezone.com one :)