• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

o3jeff

thanks jeff. check will be in the mail tomorrow.

mounted the rack and tested. my 84mm skis fit fine. Jake's 90s fit with no room to spare. if i get new skis in the 95 range i'll make some minor mods to accommodate them.

i had to remove the cannon sticker because i've never been there but i did add an alpinezone.com one :)

Wouldn't it have been easier to go to Cannon toady instead of removing it?

FYI, just don't put pad locks on it, I had to cut the one off that locked it to the spare tire from all the road grime. I would only lock the gate one if I was leaving the Jeep somewhere like to eat where I couldn't see it.

gmcunni

Wouldn't it have been easier to go to Cannon toady instead of removing it?
i can't ski cannon, they aren't environmentally friendly.

FYI, just don't put pad locks on it, I had to cut the one off that locked it to the spare tire from all the road grime. I would only lock the gate one if I was leaving the Jeep somewhere like to eat where I couldn't see it.
good to know, thks. i just have to remember not to pull into the garage, the skis mount too high to make it through the door.

gmcunni

put in a home made mesh grille tonight -

p1070342.jpg

SKIQUATTRO

need some help on a part for my 07 JK....when soft top is on, my passenger side leaks when it rains..the water hits the passenger door handle..so much that i removed all the carpeting and will be doing line-x or similar in the spring...i need the rubber foam/seal kit or a fix thats on the door liner/plastic. i think i found it, but need to be sure..

http://www.jeep-club.net/graphics/manuals/85/JK_Water_Leaks_All.pdf

gmcunni

anyone have experience with soft top racks? just got back from week's vacation to the beach and DIDN'T take the jeep because we need to lug a bunch of stuff. thinking next summer I want the jeep so i'm going to start looking for one of those safari racks that mounts to the body frame and sits "above" the roof. add a hitch mount rack and i think we can carry our week's worth of stuff.

Grassi21

anyone have experience with soft top racks? just got back from week's vacation to the beach and DIDN'T take the jeep because we need to lug a bunch of stuff. thinking next summer I want the jeep so i'm going to start looking for one of those safari racks that mounts to the body frame and sits "above" the roof. add a hitch mount rack and i think we can carry our week's worth of stuff.

I never got around to buying a rack when I owned my Jeeps. But I always like the design of this style rack...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12041_002_07.htm

deadheadskier

Staff member
Isn't your son going to be an engineering student at Syracuse? You should suggest it as a class project for him.

Grassi21

that is the roof rack i'm interested in. price for a new one kind of sucks so will spend next several months keeping an eye on craigslist.

Price was the big thing that kept me from purchasing this. :( They look pretty bad ass. You should also get one of those tailgate racks so you can carry an extra tank of gas. ;)

gmcunni

Price was the big thing that kept me from purchasing this. :( They look pretty bad ass. You should also get one of those tailgate racks so you can carry an extra tank of gas. ;)

since the beach we go to is south of here i thought i'd just put it in neutral and coast down there :dunce:

bvibert

Staff member
COMPUTER engineering but maybe he'll make friends with a mech engineer and hook me up.. doubtful.

He could design a computer program that the mechanical guys could use to design a new rack for you... :dunce:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Which Jeep/equivalent is best for
90% highway/commuting
Rough woods road with a modest amount of clearance
hold 4-passengers/4 full doors.
Decent gas mileage (6 cyl just fine), No towing
Skis inside the vehicle
Highest reliability I can find.
No flatbed trucks need apply

TY.

hammer

Which Jeep/equivalent is best for
90% highway/commuting
Rough woods road with a modest amount of clearance
hold 4-passengers/4 full doors.
Decent gas mileage (6 cyl just fine), No towing
Skis inside the vehicle
Highest reliability I can find.
No flatbed trucks need apply

TY.
I was going to say the 2011+ Grand Cherokee V6 (19 MPG mixed, up to 22 MPG highway) but in all honesty the quality/reliability still lags a bit IMO. I really like ours (we tow a bit so most other SUVs/CUVs would not be suitable) but don't like the idea of having to get a service contract. I also have to fold down one side of the rear seat to get in longer skis (still fit 4 people but the ones in the back are a bit cozier).