• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

Grassi21

Hell yes...put a set of 38" Super Swampers on that somebitch and let her howl !!!

LOL. The biggest I had on one of my jeeps was 33s... but they were ATs. I love the look of some of the MIckey Thompshon tires.

campgottagopee

LOL. The biggest I had on one of my jeeps was 33s... but they were ATs. I love the look of some of the MIckey Thompshon tires.

Nice!! When I lived in VT I had a rusty old F250 w/ 38's on it. Wheels and tires were worth more than the truck but it was cool 8)

bvibert

Staff member
Before they came out with the 4 door Unlimited, they had just an extended 2 door version, believe it was model years 04-06. Might be one of those out there for a touch more storage space and a slightly better ride than the standard 2 door.

Go old school and get a CJ8, otherwise known as the Scrambler

main.php

82-cj8.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Saw a 100% restored Scrambler the other day at Lowe's. Thing was cherry.

Wonder why it never took off? Just seems like a much more practical vehicle. Kind of like the 4 door is now. Then again, people don't really buy Jeeps for practicality.

Grassi21

If I ever get the loot and pick my dream Jeep/beach cruiser it would have to be a fully restored Scrambler. I love the front end on all of the Jeeps from that era.

kingslug

I've owned 5 jeep cherokees, never had a wrangler. Never broke one, damn things are unstopable. I put on AT tires 2 seasons ago and that really made the difference, got me through the 7 foot dump at Hunter which stranded almost everyone else. Then they went and changed it to the Liberty which is no comparison...you can get one like mine, a 99 for probably 3 grand..and its so simple you can fix most of the small stuff that will go wrong your self...I do like the new 4 door wrangler though..badass in black!!

bigbog

You know...most all the "specs" are done with stock components..ie soft "highway" rubber/tires, stock intake/exhaust/headers..etc. You get the gearing right with bigger & harder-rubber tires, performance headers...etc, and you'll be amazed with better pavement glide and even just dirt road/trail (even non-mud) performance = fun(in addition to the "go-anywhere euphoria"). Those Jeeps seem to be pretty popular for self-mods/maintenance as well.
$.01

Last edited:

gmcunni

Are you looking at the 2 door or 4 door model?

You should get the 4 door and let me borrow it for a weekend

been paying close attention to all the jeeps i see on the road the last few days. noticing a lot more 4 doors than i would have thought. told my wife we should start looking for one of those and she said "don't bother, i'm not going anywhere with you in a 2 or 4 door, we'll take my car for family trips"

4 door is pretty sweet looking!!

jlboyell

i have an 04 rubicon. i always tell people id like it if i didnt have to drive it everyday. it would be fine for your one hr trips, but if im going much further than that skiing/riding, i try to borrow my dads f150

Glenn

What years are you looking into? My buddy just picked up an 07 4 door Wrangler X. He already bought a set of 17" OEM Jeep wheels (16s on there now) and he's going to do a 2-3" lift and put some bigger tires on. I can ask what he paid; he bought it from a private seller. He told me...I just can't recall offhand.

It's amazing how may 4 doors you'll see around when you start to pay attention.

gmcunni

What years are you looking into? My buddy just picked up an 07 4 door Wrangler X. He already bought a set of 17" OEM Jeep wheels (16s on there now) and he's going to do a 2-3" lift and put some bigger tires on. I can ask what he paid; he bought it from a private seller. He told me...I just can't recall offhand.

It's amazing how may 4 doors you'll see around when you start to pay attention.

the ones that are close to my price range are 03 - 05. went window shopping today (closed lots) and sat in a nice 08 4 door jeep that was out of my range but not by much. had 100k miles on it and a cracked windshield :???:

Glenn

My buddy was telling me they old their value really well. It makes sense; no one else makes anything like them.

I'm trying to think when they switched from the 4.0 inline 6, to the V6 3.8. I want to say 06?

powhunter

Those 4 door models arent jeeps. They are SUVs. A jeep has 2 doors...I dont even give the obligatory "jeep wave" when one of those goes by!!

Steveo