• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

Grassi21

can you fit skis inside a 2door jeep if you have someone sitting in the passenger front seat?

I was just barely able to fit my 176 skis in the back of my wrangler unlimited (extended model). i remember jeff saying he had to get a little creative with his skis when he had the 2 door.

o3jeff

can you fit skis inside a 2door jeep if you have someone sitting in the passenger front seat?

On my 2003 I had to put them in the front seat or use a spare tire ski rack. On my 2010 I had to fold the back seat and move the passenger seat forward to fit them(169 ski length).

I still have the spare tire ski rack if you need it, but it does not hold a wide ski(maybe up to 85 waist).. Or you might want to take up snow boarding....

gmcunni

On my 2003 I had to put them in the front seat or use a spare tire ski rack. On my 2010 I had to fold the back seat and move the passenger seat forward to fit them(169 ski length).

I still have the spare tire ski rack if you need it, but it does not hold a wide ski(maybe up to 85 waist).. Or you might want to take up snow boarding....

i might be interested in the rack, will let you know once/if i buy something. will need a bike rack too so might go with the trailer hitch option instead since i have a bike rack for that already... oh, that's if i ever ride a bike again.

o3jeff

i might be interested in the rack, will let you know once/if i buy something. will need a bike rack too so might go with the trailer hitch option instead since i have a bike rack for that already... oh, that's if i ever ride a bike again.

I also have soft top tinted windows and some misc. parts if you get a 2006 and older if it need them.

o3jeff

Im interested If you dont plan on using them...Ive got some good stuff to trade

Steveo

They are off a 2006(we'll just have to confirm the back window zipper starts on the right side. I also have the tail gate bar if you need it.

What got to trade?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
When I was in High School, I worked with a girl who had the coolest CJ7. So much fun hitting speed bumps at high speeds in that thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hadn't heard of the leaking issues. What I have heard is that as nice as they are, it is really difficult to keep the car cool in summer.

Puck it

My son has an 05 Liberty Renegade that we bought him 4 years ago. Not bad but not great in reliability. Extended warranty to 100K for powertrain helped.

Rear brakes go first. 2 pair so far and fronts once
Radiator went and was $600 to replace

Water pump, rear diff., rear wheel bearing under warranty.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Never owned a jeep but when I was guiding out in Colorado our vehicles were Jeeps. We had a rubicon, wrangler and one other one I can't remember now. Once it got nice enough to take doors and roof tops off I really enjoyed taking people out on tours. They were great off roading vehicles.