• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

Black Phantom

My son has an 05 Liberty Renegade that we bought him 4 years ago. Not bad but not great in reliability. Extended warranty to 100K for powertrain helped.

Rear brakes go first. 2 pair so far and fronts once
Radiator went and was $600 to replace

Water pump, rear diff., rear wheel bearing under warranty.

At least he saves on fuel.

gmcunni

gmcunni, why don't you buy the CRV off the lease? Or did I miss where answered that?

too much $$ for my current budget and i would rather have something more "Exciting".

there was a lot of talk at the dinner table about buying it but we decided to give it back.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
too much $$ for my current budget and i would rather have something more "Exciting".

there was a lot of talk at the dinner table about buying it but we decided to give it back.
get something that's fun for you. after being stuck in boring cars, it's so nice to have something is really fun

tjf67

I had a 91 wrangler Sahara. It had the 4.0 in it. First year they put them in Off road it was nothing special. I had people in pick-ups that could get through stuff that i could not. Similar tires. It did pretty good don't get me wrong. We went up West mountain and some other harry shit. Traded it in for a 94 Grand-Cherokee with the V-8 That truck performed better off road, I think it was the longer wheel base.

If I were to buy a Jeep now I would looks for something out of the mid 70's. They made horrible cars but they were terrors out in the field. Im not, I have my old man car and it does everything I need it to do.

Glenn

Traded it in for a 94 Grand-Cherokee with the V-8 That truck performed better off road, I think it was the longer wheel base.

The 94 probably had better diffs. My Grand has open diffs and it'll send all the power to whatever wheel looses traction. Limited Slips avoid that.

twinplanx

The latest fad seems to be guys taking the two front doors off of there Cherokees...kinda jealous in my Pathfinder :(

twinplanx

Gota figure out how they do it first, then see if I can apply similar to the Pathy... and there is the issue w/ the door mounted mirrors...