• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

HD333

in my driveway
269027_1979495320054_1023276530_31752090_5649245_n.jpg

Nice Jeep. I have wanted one forever. Never semed to be the right time. Almost pulled the trigger on a 4 door last year but went the practical route with a 4runner everytime I see one I second guess myself.

Enjoy it!

bvibert

Staff member
Go old school and get a CJ8, otherwise known as the Scrambler

main.php

82-cj8.jpg

Saw a 100% restored Scrambler the other day at Lowe's. Thing was cherry.

Wonder why it never took off? Just seems like a much more practical vehicle. Kind of like the 4 door is now. Then again, people don't really buy Jeeps for practicality.

If I ever get the loot and pick my dream Jeep/beach cruiser it would have to be a fully restored Scrambler. I love the front end on all of the Jeeps from that era.

Saw a pretty original looking Scrambler in okay looking shape at the transmission place near my house yesterday. Almost stopped to take pictures... It was by no means in great looking shape, but it also didn't look like it had been beat up or modified.

makimono

Nice Jeep, I like the color! :cool:

Got any plans for it?

Just Empty Every Pocket...I've got a couple of trail bangers myself...

1341317256054245249S600x600Q85.jpg

gmcunni

Nice rig..What year is it?? Mud on black is real nice!!

Steveo

2005 Sport.

Nice Jeep, I like the color! :cool:

Got any plans for it?

Just Empty Every Pocket...I've got a couple of trail bangers myself...

no specific plans yet. after having driven it with the top and doors off I may need to replace the stero (or add an amp) as i can't hear a damn thing over the road noise :lol:

o3jeff

2005 Sport.

no specific plans yet. after having driven it with the top and doors off I may need to replace the stero (or add an amp) as i can't hear a damn thing over the road noise :lol:

Does it have a sound bar on the roll bar? Most likely better speakers will do the trick.

gmcunni

Does it have a sound bar on the roll bar? Most likely better speakers will do the trick.

it does have the sound bar. apparently there is a subwoofer under the center console too.

the stereo is an aftermarket pioneer. seems pretty nice but the volume just isn't there.

o3jeff

it does have the sound bar. apparently there is a subwoofer under the center console too.

the stereo is an aftermarket pioneer. seems pretty nice but the volume just isn't there.

Check and see whats in there for speakers, probably an amp is the way to go. I had that sub to and iirc I read it is like a non existent after market size so it is tough to get a quality one.

Also wouldn't put too much money into stereo equipment or else it will be an easy target for thieves and you'll end up with cut tops. When I had the soft top on mine I would just leave it unlocked and with the windows down figuring it would save me a cut top.

gmcunni

Check and see whats in there for speakers, probably an amp is the way to go. I had that sub to and iirc I read it is like a non existent after market size so it is tough to get a quality one.

Also wouldn't put too much money into stereo equipment or else it will be an easy target for thieves and you'll end up with cut tops. When I had the soft top on mine I would just leave it unlocked and with the windows down figuring it would save me a cut top.

the pioneer in it now has the removable face plate option. but like you, i've just been leaving the car unlocked.

o3jeff

anyone know of any novice off road trails in CT i can get my feet wet on?

I don't think there are many "legal" places left. There are some clubs that do off roading. I think I deleted the links for them, but will check when I'm on my laptop later

gmcunni

I don't think there are many "legal" places left. There are some clubs that do off roading. I think I deleted the links for them, but will check when I'm on my laptop later

much like skiing, the best stashes are guarded secrets :)