• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jeep owners?

SKIQUATTRO

what are you Jeep JK guys running for rubber?? I have the stock Bridestone Deulers RHS (255/70/18) but not confident in these for the winter...i can get a dedicated 17" rim with Firestone Winterforce for $872 or go with a really good AT?

This isnt the primary ski taxi (suburban with dedicated snows/rims) is, but this will be taken north (NY to VT) from time to time....

o3jeff

I had a 09 with the factory Bridgestone tires and had no problems in the snow. Try them first if it isn't your main vehicle.

gmcunni

General Grabbers AT 2...Love the tire

for winter only or do you use all year?

The Grabber AT2 is General Tire's On-/Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire developed for pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers looking for exceptional traction over all terrrains. The Grabber AT2 is designed to combine long wear and reliability with year-round competence on- and off-road in dry, wet and wintry conditions.

o3jeff

they slip in the rain, cant imagine hardpack snow, ice.....

Mine were brand new and I just can't see the value in spending $800(seeing it is 4 wheel drive), if anything I would drive a little slower. I guess it all depends on your driving style and sense of security.

gmcunni

i have BFG LongTrail T/A on my wrangler. came on it when i purchased over the summer. in the OCT storm they were "OK" in the snow. running 225/75/15 which is stock for my 2005.

Geoff

Mine were brand new and I just can't see the value in spending $800(seeing it is 4 wheel drive), if anything I would drive a little slower. I guess it all depends on your driving style and sense of security.

4WD doesn't help if you have to hit the brakes.

AdironRider

Spending 800 bucks to replace brand new tires is retarded. Snow tires arent THAT amazing.

Im not arguing that stock rubber is the tits mcgee either, but if you like throwing away money (and most likely financed money at that) then so be it.

Glenn

I have Firestone Destination A/T's on my WJ. I run them all year. They've done great in just about everything; dry, rain, VT mud season and snow.

bigbog

General Grabbers AT 2...Love the tire

+1

Snow: Good
Trail(some mud). Pretty-Good for an A/T.

ProComp's non-Xtreme A/T: thick 2ply: *Will give you more performance, especially in winter, than the AT2, but not quite the mileage I think.
Cost: a little more expensive, good tread wear..
Highway-mileage: so-so mileage, can probably could get better with AT2 or other mentioned Car-snows.
Snow: The best I've ridden so far. (Great tread design and traction for an A/T...rain/snow/NewEngland mud).

Haven't tried
Goodyear's Dura-Trac (A/T tire)
A copy of Scandinavian Tire(??)
SUV-version of Firestone, Nokian...etc

Last edited:

powhunter

Just got some new Hankook Dynapro MT03s. This is the second set I had, First ones lasted about 60k...Rotating them every 3k or so..Excellent traction, and not too much thunder on the highway

picture.php

Steveo

o3jeff

Just got some new Hankook Dynapro MT03s. This is the second set I had, First ones lasted about 60k...Rotating them every 3k or so..Excellent traction, and not too much thunder on the highway

picture.php

Steveo

Have you had a chance to put the windows in?

bigbog

gmcunni,
Am now on my 2nd year, this week, and the Grabber AT2 tread isn't showing much wear at all. Use them all year(front)...replaced rears with KM2s(May-Aug), now back on....and to be honest...haven't noticed any change in traction/handling.

gmcunni

gmcunni,
Am now on my 2nd year, this week, and the Grabber AT2 tread isn't showing much wear at all. Use them all year(front)...replaced rears with KM2s(May-Aug), now back on....and to be honest...haven't noticed any change in traction/handling.

thanks, looks like a good choice when i need replacements.