• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free, free like a bird

Free GSS

• Yes

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
179094_594840642516_9507789_34689957_4545290_n.jpg

Looks like he's taking a dump in this one.

tjf67

So the don't cares should be put with the yes to make it 70%.

The person that banned him does not even post anymore.

Not my playground but to loose revenue when the majority wants the guy makes no sense.
Probably not much and you have to keep some of the moms happy.

I say let him in and while your at it hit the reset button on everyone. This is your place to make money. Takes the hits(money)make
the bans and own the place.

Cannonball

Couldn't possibly care less. But is it even a real question? If I got banned from a board (or banned from anything) there is no way in hell I'd ever come back. Would this guy?

dmc

Couldn't possibly care less. But is it even a real question? If I got banned from a board (or banned from anything) there is no way in hell I'd ever come back. Would this guy?

Even as we post he is poised and ready to contribute...

He doesn't judge the community based upon the handful of "haters"..

Dr Skimeister

I voted for reinstatement, but it has nothing to do with the individual. I've been in disagreement with the premise that resulted in GSS' banning from day one.

I personally found the persona to be a nimrod. I've never met the guy and he might be a very likable person, but the online representation wasn't much to my liking. But...that's what membership in an online forum entails, dealing with strangers that have the liberty to spew things that I then have the liberty to agree or disagree with.

Through the years of having acquaintance with GSS in a few different online ski forums (anyone else ever member in Paula's Ski Lovers?) it's apparent that he has a rooted passion for skiing (and eating junk food and partying and chasing chubbies).

From the time that he was banned from AZ, the mods have offered that "we" don't know all of the behind the scenes antics he was involved in. My impression though is that his biggest crime was to piss on the love fest that was staged after the oh-so-public marital troubles of some of the powers-that-be. I agree that such antics are not considered to be in "good taste" by a majority, but it appears to me that a vocal minority inflated the severity of it as a sort of vendetta for what were perceived as personal attacks on the public soap opera that took place on AZ. Perhaps if thought had been used before the public sharing of such private matters, the "hurt" that comment by strangers would have been avoided.

Just my .02

dmc

Through the years of having acquaintance with GSS in a few different online ski forums (anyone else ever member in Paula's Ski Lovers?) it's apparent that he has a rooted passion for skiing (and eating junk food and partying and chasing chubbies).

Don't forget parking lot pimping at the Target... :)

ctenidae

I voted for reinstatement, but it has nothing to do with the individual. I've been in disagreement with the premise that resulted in GSS' banning from day one.

I personally found the persona to be a nimrod. I've never met the guy and he might be a very likable person, but the online representation wasn't much to my liking. But...that's what membership in an online forum entails, dealing with strangers that have the liberty to spew things that I then have the liberty to agree or disagree with.

From the time that he was banned from AZ, the mods have offered that "we" don't know all of the behind the scenes antics he was involved in. My impression though is that his biggest crime was to piss on the love fest that was staged after the oh-so-public marital troubles of some of the powers-that-be. I agree that such antics are not considered to be in "good taste" by a majority, but it appears to me that a vocal minority inflated the severity of it as a sort of vendetta for what were perceived as personal attacks on the public soap opera that took place on AZ. Perhaps if thought had been used before the public sharing of such private matters, the "hurt" that comment by strangers would have been avoided.

Just my .02

I'll add a nickel to that .02. My contribution is that I didn't see any of the marital difficulties or ensuing love fest occur, largely, I'm sure, because I didn't pay any attention to it. Glad whoever it was is back together now. Hope they're happy.

The upside of a public forum is that you can ignore what you don't want to pay attention to. The downside is that it's apublic forum, and if you hang out your dirty laundry, someone will probably comment on the skidmarks in your undies.

Totally on board with the nimrod aspect. An entertaining nimrod, but a nimrod nonetheless.

highpeaksdrifter

Just my .02

That's a good .02. Like his forum personality or not he never did anything where he should have been banned. Your second point well taken too. He decided to get in the middle of that which was a mistake, but the bigger mistake was putting it on this forum in the first place.

After that they where looking for reasons to get rid of him.

Black Phantom

Just my .02

Very well said.

1_fullsize.png

Status
Not open for further replies.