• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTF Happened to this Place?

JimG.

Staff member
I would say one more melt down here and Andy's site will be up and going for good.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not going to bet on that happening.

Then again, I didn't bet on the longshot horse that won the Belmont Stakes either, and a buddy of mine who handicaps told me to place that bet. Still stewing over that one.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I would say one more melt down here and Andy's site will be up and going for good.

Competition is a good thing. There's a reason car dealerships are always next to each other. Coke does not want Pepsi to go out of business.

But those aren't even valid comparisons, because we're not purchasing a product. It's not like we're only allowed a single internet forum visit per day, and have to choose.

I just don't understand the outrage and "us vs. them" mentality, in either direction.

2knees

come mountain biking with us more than once a year....that's a start.

Can't. After riding the bike at highland I havent really touched my bike. It will never be the same. You got an extra $4,500 layin around to buy one of those DH rides?

MadPadraic

I disagree billski. Ski areas are a beautiful site in the summer. I thoroughly enjoy hiking all over the place to see and explore where I ski in the winter.

WTH do you in the summer? Sit in AC?:snow:

What else is there to do? Standout side in the hot sun over a hot grill? No thanks.

Hiking with the bugs? Nah..wait for the fall. The beach is too hot until mid September...

Fenway is more or less the only thing worth putting up with the heat for.

On the (too) bright side, a game of softball/soccer/kickball/etc is easier on the joints when played on grass. Oh to be able to follow winter around the world...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'll be going to South Carolina for 2 weeks in a bit, enjoy the beach and some golf. :lol:

..... bringing my computer with me, I'm a workaholic ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Competition is a good thing. There's a reason car dealerships are always next to each other. Coke does not want Pepsi to go out of business.

But those aren't even valid comparisons, because we're not purchasing a product. It's not like we're only allowed a single internet forum visit per day, and have to choose.

I just don't understand the outrage and "us vs. them" mentality, in either direction.

pretty fair analogy

though the "us vs. them" thing is pretty one sided.

Some people like Coke, some people like Pepsi, some people like both, but there are places that don't sell both. If a place decides to only sell Pepsi, those who only like Coke can go somewhere else. Those who like both can enjoy the Pepsi, but to get outraged over why they also can't buy Coke is kind of silly.

For the record, I do like both, but think it's the right decision for Alpinezone to just sell Pepsi. I'll go elsewhere on the net when I feel like having a Coke. Pretty simple really.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
pretty fair analogy

though the "us vs. them" thing is pretty one sided.

I'm not going to say you're wrong because I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and frankly I don't really care.

However as an impartial third party observer it seems that there is plenty of animosity to go around. Pointing fingers and saying things are one sided, is just a passive aggressive way of doing the same thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll clarify for you. When I say there's no "us vs them" feeling coming from me, I'm saying, I don't really care how successful Andyzee's site is or isn't. He's free to do as he chooses. People are free to go to his site if that's what they prefer. People are free to go both. If they like his site better than this one, that's fine. I don't view it as a competition.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'll clarify for you. When I say there's no "us vs them" feeling coming from me, I'm saying, I don't really care how successful Andyzee's site is or isn't. He's free to do as he chooses. People are free to go to his site if that's what they prefer. People are free to go both. If they like his site better than this one, that's fine. I don't view it as a competition.

Exactly, thank you.

Puck it

It was because I was on a timeout. I was a bad boy.

abbott-lou-costello-ive-been-a-bad-boy.jpg

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

I'm with you on this.

tjf67

I'm not going to say you're wrong because I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, and frankly I don't really care.

However as an impartial third party observer it seems that there is plenty of animosity to go around. Pointing fingers and saying things are one sided, is just a passive aggressive way of doing the same thing.

Thank you.