• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTF Happened to this Place?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm confused. I don't understand what there is to 'discuss'. Maybe you are a TGR provocateur in disguise?

* It's summer. I melt and do all kinds of boring things not worth discussing.
* I would have to kill you if you saw me without my helmet and goggles on.
* How can I possibly get excited watching radar that has nothing but green precip.
* No storms to chase.
* I honestly don't even pay attention to the weather forecasts, save maybe for the forecast high of the day.
* ski areas are dreadfully depressing to look at in summer months.
* I don't even check in here daily. Don't worry, they all come back by first frost.

Black Phantom

I'm confused. I don't understand what there is to 'discuss'. Maybe you are a TGR provocateur in disguise?

* It's summer. I melt and do all kinds of boring things not worth discussing.
* I would have to kill you if you saw me without my helmet and goggles on.
* How can I possibly get excited watching radar that has nothing but green precip.
* No storms to chase.
* I honestly don't even pay attention to the weather forecasts, save maybe for the forecast high of the day.
* ski areas are dreadfully depressing to look at in summer months.
* I don't even check in here daily. Don't worry, they all come back by first frost.

I disagree billski. Ski areas are a beautiful site in the summer. I thoroughly enjoy hiking all over the place to see and explore where I ski in the winter.

WTH do you in the summer? Sit in AC?:snow:

millerm277

It's June. In June and July, ski season is over outside of the occasional short patch somewhere random in the East, and the next season is far away. Unless there's something interesting/controversial going on, ski forums are pretty much dead. And this year there isn't really.

There's some lift upgrades and minor expansions at ski areas, which aren't all that exciting, and aren't very controversial. There's nothing interesting even rumored to be happening with management and ownership changes over the summer either, and certainly not on the scale of "The demise of ASC"

There's no news, and no skiing. Thus, the forums are dead until August. Then most people get tired of summer and are wanting the cold to arrive, and we get all the discussion/photos of capital projects getting finished.

2knees

drama happened. created by the same people who left. its really that simple.

in all honesty, i wish my life was so perfect that I had the time and desire to get so bent out of shape by events on a message board but alas, the real world presents enough challenges on its own.

Hope they all get past this and make andy's board successful otherwise it's bound to happen again. and again. and again and again and again.

tjf67

in all honesty, i wish my life was so perfect that I had the time and desire to get so bent out of shape by events on a message board but alas, the real world presents enough challenges on its own.

Hope they all get past this and make andy's board successful otherwise it's bound to happen again. and again. and again and again and again.

I would say one more melt down here and Andy's site will be up and going for good. Twiggy are your arms getting skinnier and your gut bigger this summer?:evil:

2knees

I would say one more melt down here and Andy's site will be up and going for good. Twiggy are your arms getting skinnier and your gut bigger this summer?:evil:

Ya know, i really gotta start going to the gym. The little aches and pains at 30 are getting more intense and last longer. In my youth, I was an athletic specimen capable of lounging for 3 months straight then just gettin right at it with no repercussions physically. Now, i'm always banged up and shit. How do you maintain your figure, if i dare ask.

Riverskier

If I recall correctly, you have gotten bent out of shape over happenings on this very board.

2knees

If I recall correctly, you have gotten bent out of shape over happenings on this very board.

absolutely I have but not to this extent and not in a long time. I try to learn from my mistakes. Why would I want to drag out some online fued with people i've never met and mean nothing to how I conduct my everyday life?

Honestly, i've got nothing against anyone here. But having been on this forum for a long time and having met a ton of people directly because of my participation here, I would be lying if i said it wasnt a little disappointing to see this happen. but people, obviously, are free to go where they want and post what they want.

tjf67

Ya know, i really gotta start going to the gym. The little aches and pains at 30 are getting more intense and last longer. In my youth, I was an athletic specimen capable of lounging for 3 months straight then just gettin right at it with no repercussions physically. Now, i'm always banged up and shit. How do you maintain your figure, if i dare ask.

30 packs of coors lite smokes and chicken wings.

mondeo

Don-Quixote-Windmill.gif

2knees

Mike, you nailed it. Nobody could possibly find the words to explain it as well as that picture post.

MR. evil

come mountain biking with us more than once a year....that's a start.