• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Coming Back! AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge - 2011 Edition!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi Everyone,

Greg ran a great Ski Area Challenge here for many years that I'd like to bring back this year coming into the 2011 - 2012 season. (You can see past results here)

Many of you long-timers are probably already familiar with the AZ Ski Area Challenge. What we will be doing in the next few weeks is contacting many ski areas in the northeast to find out who will be interested in participating. Once we get feedback on participation, we will post up the mountain and give everyone opportunities to ask questions. Again, take a look at past years for some examples of the kinds of questions that were asked.

We will pick the top (10) questions for each ski area and give them an opportunity to answer. We'll do our best to get the real decision makers on the line in the process, and we will post the results here afterwards for everyone's info.

So, don't start asking questions just yet, but if you have any suggestions for ski areas you want us to contact, let us know! Look forward to bringing back this great way to get insider info into what is happening with skiing across the area!
:fangun::fangun:

Results and Status (updated 1.12.2012)

Completed and Posted Challenges:

Questions Sent, waiting on response:
  • Sundown
  • Saddleback
  • Mt Abram
  • Hunter
  • Cannon

Currently Running

Questions being aggregated (to be sent to resort)
  • Plattekill
  • Jiminy Peak
  • Bromley

Pending Start of Challenge
n/a

Invited, no response yet
  • Ascutney
  • Boyne General (Loon, Sunday River, Sugarloaf)
  • Ragged
  • Waterville Valley
  • Catamount
  • Nashoba
  • Blue Hills!
  • Owls Head
  • Bromont
  • Cochrans
  • Suicide Six
  • Black
  • Bousquet

gmcunni

i'd like to hear from Bromley on the new MGT setup and what we as consumers will see different this season

i'd like to hear from Sugarloaf on the next phase of expansion and the AZ summit 3.0

i'd like to hear from Sugarbush because i like to hear from Sugarbush

Magic too

Killington too

I'd like to hear from any resort that wants to invite AZ'ers for a discounted visit or guided tour :)

gmcunni

add - would like to hear from some of the eastern Canadian resorts too, i'm planning a Feb trip up there.

xwhaler

I think a Q&A with Chris Farmer (GM) or Jim Quimby (Mtn Ops) at Saddleback would be really informative and help to shed some light on both their short and long term plans.

mikestaple

How about Boyne in general? They control Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf. And run a number of Midwest and the Big Sky Resort in MT.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks for the input folks. If you personally know anyone at these resorts (on the inside) that we should talk to, please PM me or Nick. Any connection helps. It has been a while since we did the Challenge, but there has been enough time passed and interest to justify it.

And not to let the cat out of the bag, Nick and us are thinking of some other ideas for the board and promos for this summer. Stay tuned.