• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Site Speed?

Greg

Staff member
How have the forums been performing the past week or two? Have you noticed any slow-downs or does it seem to be functioning normally?

bvibert

Staff member
It's definitely seemed slower at times during the day for me. I thought it was just my connection here at work though since it's been generally good or great at home.

skibum9995

It seems to be slower during the day time. Speeds up some at night but still a little slower than normal.

Greg

Staff member
According to JagPC, there were a few users causing heavy load on the server due to high HTTP traffic. They suspended three such users and advised them to upgrade to a dedicated server for such heavy http traffic. They've been monitoring the server load and so far it seems to have improved. Please reply here if anyone experiences more issues.

Greg

Staff member
More issues today, including some vulnerable scripts that pulled the server down around noon. These scripts have been blocked. Please keep me posted of any other performance issues.

bvibert

Staff member
It's been pretty good today. Although I did get a DB error earlier this morning, but it cleared up with a refresh.

bvibert

Staff member
Still been getting a TON of timeouts lately. It seemed especially bad today, sometimes taking 10+ refereshes to finally get the page to load... I experienced problems both at home and work again today so I don't think it's anything on my end...

Greg

Staff member
Anyone else? I haven't noticed any significant slow-downs lately.

bvibert

Staff member
Anyone else? I haven't noticed any significant slow-downs lately.

It seems much better today. Kinda strange that I'd have problems at two different locations. When it worked it was fine. I just kept getting timeouts, which was REALLY annoying..

Jonni

No problems here. I've had a slow connection for a day or two here at Lyndon State College, but I think that has to do with their servers rather than AlpineZone.