• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Olympic Hopeful To Sell Tatto Space on Body

Black Phantom

Olympic Hopeful To Sell Tattoo Space On Body

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/of...ody-dpgonc-km-20110626_13861216#ixzz1QUH1L66l

NewsCore) - GOLD COAST, Australia -- Top Australian beach volleyballer Claire Kelly is so committed to getting her and partner Carla Kleverlaan to the London Olympics that she is offering potential sponsors tattoo space on her body, the Sunday Herald Sun reported.

For $10,000 (US$10,500) sponsors can have a 0.8 x 0.8 inch (2 x 2cm) piece of Kelly's toned and tanned left limb, while $50,000 (US$52,490) buys a 1.9 x 1.9 inch (5 x 5cm) space on her right arm or shoulder. Other so-called "packages" are also being offered for sale on auction website eBay.

The money will pay for the Gold Coast athlete and Melbourne-based Kleverlaan to join the world pro tour. The women have to play in at least 12 events on the tour to qualify for London

"It's taken me months to get the courage to do this and now I'm going through with it," Kelly said. "I was thinking, 'Tattoo my body with a business logo just so I can have a chance to play for my country at the Olympics? I'm crazy'!

"This is my dream and it seems crazy not to try to do something to realize the dream. We need to head off on the world tour before the end of July, we need financial backing, so I can't let fear stop me."

"The tattoos mean much more than just the money or the business," said Kelly, who plans to have the tattooing done in early July. "The tattoos signify having the courage to have a crack at something bigger, having the guts to at least try."

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/of...ody-dpgonc-km-20110626_13861216#ixzz1QUH7W0fo

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not a bad idea

Can always have it removed after the games. Wonder if the folks at GoDaddy have contacted her. Seems like it would be up their alley.

deadheadskier

Staff member
more than 50K?

wow, had no idea. I don't have any ink. I've thought about it many times, but every time I feel like I'm settled on a design, I just buy a tee shirt.

Black Phantom

Apparently, the cost to remove has come down quite a bit in the past few years. No doubt there is a huge market for it...

I would imagine that there is a contract of sorts that must put in place some basic parameters- time frame, etc.

She could probably come up with some other way to earn the cake;-)

http://www.drtattoff.com/tattoo-removal-cost

The cost of tattoo removal at Dr. TATTOFF is calculated as follows:

• $49 per square inch per treatment for the first 5 square inches. $25 per sq in per treatment for inches 6-10. $15 per sq in for inches 11 and up.
• Minimum: $75 per visit.