• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Say It Ain't So, Flo!

Black Phantom

Wow.

'Brady Bunch' mom Florence Henderson brought home a souvenir from one-night stand with a New York mayor

Florence Henderson, matriarch of "The Brady Bunch," got crabs in the 1960s from a one-night stand with then-New York Mayor John Lindsay.

Freaking out over the idea of Carol Brady with pubic lice? There's more: She and Lindsay were married at the time — but not to each other. Tsk-tsk, Mrs. Brady.

"I was lonely. I knew it wasn't the right thing to do. So, what did I do? I did it," the actress, 77, reveals in her upcoming memoir, "Life Is Not a Stage," which hits bookshelves in September. The book discusses her childhood in an abusive home, second marriage and Broadway stardom.

The morning after the one-night stand, she woke and saw "little black things" crawling on her bed and body.

"Guess I learned the hard way that crabs do not discriminate but cross over all socioeconomic strata," Henderson writes. "He must have had quite the active life. What a way to put the kibosh on a relationship."

Flowers and a note of apology came from Lindsay, who had served as a U.S. congressman before being elected mayor and took a run at the 1972 Democratic presidential nomination. He died in 2000.

Henderson also squashes rumors that she'd had an affair with Barry Williams, who played her on-screen stepson Greg Brady and was 20 years her junior.

"Barry did have a serious crush on me, which I understood and helped him get past," Henderson writes. "Let us just say that if he had entertained a roll in the hay with me, I would never have done it."

And we thought Marcia had issues.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/06/florence-henderson-brady-bunch-crabs-affair.html