• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trumbull - 6/28/11

bvibert

Staff member
Went back for the regular Tuesday night ride again, and got my ass kicked once again. When I asked if I could tag along again, they said sure, we're heading out to old mine. I said that meant nothing to me and was then told it meant climbing. Oh great, what was I getting myself into this time?? The last ride I did with this group wore me out pretty good, I was a little concerned about what adding more climbing to their pace would do to me.

Luckily for me there were plenty of breaks to catch our breaths, but I was still dragging pretty good by the time we got back to the cars. I fell off the back of the group more than a few times, but there was always someone waiting for me at the turns to make sure I didn't go the wrong way. I'm definitely liking this group and will be back for more. The mix of terrain and good company makes the 50ish minute ride home in the dark while completely exhausted worth it.

We did just shy of 12 miles in 2 hours with an average moving speed of 7.9 mph.