• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Forum Policy

Joshua B

I read them too. I feel the tone of a board is set by its administrator and I've found Greg to be a neutral person with no particular affiliations to sway his allegiances one way or the other, or to any person or group, which in turn makes AlpineZone to be a comfortable place to hang out. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks guys. Yeah, I try to be neutral in the way I run the board. However, I like to also consider myself a member so at times I will make my opinion known. Anyway, I hope the new policies aren't too foreboding (actually not much has changed), but I think it was time to actually spell it out. The forum has really come into its own lately, but I still prefer quality discussion over quantity. I think we can acheive that while still maintaining the camaraderie that makes this place so enjoyable. I will also continue to try to let all of you shape the direction of the forum.

Jaytrek57

Greg--

FWIW I think you do a great job. Trying to post more…hope ASC won't break down my stats. :wink:

I haven't the first clue on running a site. You mention being an administrator and a member.

Just a thought, but perhaps a different avatar/color scheme when you post as an administrator as oppose to a member and vice versa? “These are the thoughts of Greg as…..” Nothing fancy...and absolutely not a huge deal…..just a thought.

I was on another board when I thought about this BTW.

Greg

Staff member
Jaytrek57 said:
Just a thought, but perhaps a different avatar/color scheme when you post as an administrator as oppose to a member and vice versa? “These are the thoughts of Greg as…..” Nothing fancy...and absolutely not a huge deal…..just a thought.
Logging in and out sounds like too much work... ;)

I'm not much of a controversial guy anyway, so it's probably not a big deal... :)

Joshua B

In my opinion, Greg doesn't need separate accounts because he is not a controversial personality and he is a good administrator/moderator.