• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Site hangs on Firefox 5

hammer

Just installed the NoScript add-on and I'm not getting the delay anymore. Now I have to work on allowing scripts from sites I'm OK with...

hammer

Will have to see what that does, I haven' theard of that add-on.
The add-on disables scripts that are launched from web sites. I'm finding that when I disable scripts from alpinezone.com that I don't get the hang. I'd prefer to not use the add-on since it disables all scripts by default, which makes navigation around and viewing other sites difficult.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I wonder what script is causing you issues. I wish there was an easy way to identify it. As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be widespread.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I wonder what makes it different. I'm trying in FF 5 right now and it's working.

Do you have any plugins installed that might impact this?

Glenn

Greetings. I absolutely did some web surfing and organize this blog. I resolute next to particular of this blog put up and it is quite incredible. I indubitably genuinely from your website. Perfectly, the chunk of posting is in oath the entirely finest on this genuinely quality though subject.

Thanks for the info Captain Thesaurus!

SkiDork

Greetings. I absolutely did some web surfing and organize this blog. I resolute next to particular of this blog put up and it is quite incredible. I indubitably genuinely from your website. Perfectly, the chunk of posting is in oath the entirely finest on this genuinely quality though subject.

2008-08-14_ugh_sketch.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
install an ad blocker or add
127.0.0.1 www.google-analytics.com
to your system's hosts file

Just want to say that if you like to support AZ, please don't install ad blockers.

I would say I used to not really think about it either but I've discontinued my use of ad blockers on all sites... it's how you "pay" for your content :lol:

Just a PSA. :beer:

that said: if the site is really hanging for some reason and it's related to the ads then I can understand that, but as far as I can tell from this it sounds like it has more to do with Analytics.

bobbutts

My online ethics in such matters are admittedly questionable.
I rarely hesitate to receive free content with disregard. However at this forum I contribute with Trip Reports and other posts. One could argue that the contribution is low, but it's a contribution nonetheless. Regardless, I've updated my ad-blocker to display ads on *alpinezone.com*
If there's nothing I want to buy and they're annoying I'm going to turn them back off tho.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
My online ethics in such matters are admittedly questionable.
I rarely hesitate to receive free content with disregard. However at this forum I contribute with Trip Reports and other posts. One could argue that the contribution is low, but it's a contribution nonetheless. Regardless, I've updated my ad-blocker to display ads on *alpinezone.com*
If there's nothing I want to buy and they're annoying I'm going to turn them back off tho.

Yeah I'm not going to condemn anyone.. as I said I did it before too. I'm just making a friendly suggestion :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It gets tracked on advertising results but AlpineZone doesn't get additional benefits for it. It does make our advertisers happy to continue to advertise here though, which continues to support the site.