• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Site hangs on Firefox 5

hammer

I've noticed that the site hangs on Firefox 5 when selecting new posts or trying to post a message. I get a message on the lower status bar "Transferring data from www.google-analytics.com..."

Does anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do to fix it (other than use a different browser)?

bvibert

Staff member
I'm using FF5 here, and not seeing any problems. Maybe an extension is causing a problem??

hammer

Hmmm, is this on every page or just on certain pages? Only in the forum?
It's when I select the "New Posts" link or when I try to reply to a thread. Also, the problem only appears on a Vista PC I have configured with the Google toolbar. I'll try disabling that and see if that helps...

bvibert

Staff member
Still running Windows XP here, no Google toolbar either.

I don't usually use the "New Posts" link, but I tried it a few times earlier with no issues. Does it do it every time?

hammer

Still running Windows XP here, no Google toolbar either.

I don't usually use the "New Posts" link, but I tried it a few times earlier with no issues. Does it do it every time?
Yup...and when I refresh the page it works. Strange.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I updated Google Analytics to a newer version. I'll take a look at those pages and see if anything wierd is going on there. I'm using Chrome, and don't have any issues (on either XP or Win 7)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I never even saw the "new posts" link - but I like that actually! I'm proably going to use that most often now instead of cycling through all the forums.

k123

I have firefox 5 and I have to double click all of the links to get them to work, or else it just says transferring data from google analytics

k123

no problems before, i actually still have ff 4 on my other computer which i am on now, and it works fine