• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VFTT Forums Down Again...

Greg

Staff member
I hope MichaelJ's quote of what was posted isn't what happened. This is what killed his forums the last time. He had to start completely over including having everyone re-register. :blink:

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
There must be a vBulletin guru out in the land of VFTT members who can help out. Unfortunately, I know just enough MySQL (is that the back end?) to be dangerous, not enough to be of help.

Don't receive email on the machine that runs the web site...

Greg

Staff member
VFTT said:
My web server evidently can not handle the volume of traffic on this site and the forums crashed again. What can I say, my site has grown beyond my ability to run it. It's like a bad IBM commercial.

I tried to restore my backup of the the forum mysql database and I can not get it running. If anyone is a mysql database or vbulletin guru, please email me at darren@viewsfromthetop.com

When I get it running again, I am not sure what to do about the volume of traffic. I might have to limit the number of concurrent readers on the site.

Sorry for the problems.

- darren
Yikes! :eek: Anyone who thinks they can help Darren, please see the contact info above!