• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Movies on the Big Screen

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Anyone seen anything good this summer? A bunch of movies out right now... I'm heading out in a bit to watch Bad Teacher with my wife and in-laws. Probably has more appeal to my wife and mother in law since they are both educators by profession :)

I was immediately turned off by the title of the movie, "Bridesmaids", but it actually looks funny as well. Almost like the female counterpart to The Hangover.

SkiDork

Anyone seen anything good this summer? A bunch of movies out right now... I'm heading out in a bit to watch Bad Teacher with my wife and in-laws. Probably has more appeal to my wife and mother in law since they are both educators by profession :)

I was immediately turned off by the title of the movie, "Bridesmaids", but it actually looks funny as well. Almost like the female counterpart to The Hangover.

I was told Bad Teacher was quite raunchy - don't bring the kids...

I've heard good things about Horrible Bosses

bvibert

Staff member
Bad Teacher looks pretty good. Let us know how you liked it.

If I'm going to pay to see a movie in the theater I prefer for it to be an action movie, anything else isn't much different viewing it at home a couple of months later.

Edd

Bridesmaids was great. I'd like to go to Horrible Bosses but neither of these need a big screen. No big visual films are grabbing me yet this summer. The last decent one I saw was How to Train Your Dragon on IMAX. Tron was such a suckfest they should mail me a refund.

Philpug

We saw Bad Teacher, not bad but not worthy of a big screen it is a "renter".

Cars 2 was great...especially if you are into cars.

bvibert

Staff member
I watched Tron on an airplane, and it was so bad I considered asking for a refund, or at least compensation for pain and suffring.

I also saw Tron during a flight. I didn't think it was bad. Of course I was also squeezed between two full grown guys the entire flight, so it was a welcomed distraction.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Bad Teacher was actually pretty good. Raunchier than I thought. I agree it's a renter....

I was surprised after the movie was over, while leaving the theater I looked behind us and there was a family of four leaving, with two kids, probably 5 and 8. I was shocked they stayed throughout the whole movie with those kids.

2knees

took a my kids and the neighbors kids to see Cars 2 in 3D the other day. Not bad if anyone has kids and was debating it. Probably worth waiting another few weeks and getting it from Redbox or netflix but the 3D part was pretty good.

Geoff

I plan to see the last Harry Potter movie around 10 days from now. My sister & brother-in-law will be in town and suggested it. We watched most of the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies as Christmas movies when I visited Vancouver for the holidays. That's my only planned big screen movie. I have a good home theater and it's tough to give up the comfort of my sofa.

ctenidae

We don't got to the movies very often- partially because of a lack of worthwhile movies (though I think we've seen all the Harry Potters in a theater), but largely because blowing up to $50 on something we'd turn off if we were at home sucks.

Geoff

i like sci-fi and explosions and robots and outer space stuff.. but this movie just sucked.

Check out the Roger Ebert slam of The Transformers: Dark of the Moon:

Michael Bay's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" is a visually ugly film with an incoherent plot, wooden characters and inane dialog. It provided me with one of the more unpleasant experiences I've had at the movies.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110628/REVIEWS/110629981

The last watchable Michael Bay movie was "The Island".