• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Thanks billski for the dates. In past years they also had a few days in January, if I find out I'll post them. Last years dates were Dec. 3-5, Jan. 10-12, & Mar. 16-20. Lodges in the area also offer lodging discounts for SC members during this time in addition to reduced lift rates.

Thank Talisman. He dug them out.

I'm sorting through a bunch of discounts from resorts and shops. Damn work keeps getting in the way. Hope to have that info sorted by next week. Just too many details to keep it straight. I am starting to be approached directly by the "industry" now. Apparently my stupid and naive opinion and ski bigotry have some value. I don't know where. My goal is to have them out by Oct. 1st if I can get out of email jail. I guess it's a good problem. :beer:

Black Phantom

Thank Talisman. He dug them out.

I'm sorting through a bunch of discounts from resorts and shops. Damn work keeps getting in the way. Hope to have that info sorted by next week. Just too many details to keep it straight. I am starting to be approached directly by the "industry" now. Apparently my stupid and naive opinion and ski bigotry have some value. I don't know where. My goal is to have them out by Oct. 1st if I can get out of email jail. I guess it's a good problem. :beer:

BenedictGomez

This is bar none, my favorite, and IMO most useful thread on this entire forum.

Well done by all. Keep up the good work over the next few months (((((internet high fives for all)))))

Sparky

What can I say. When I did a Gooogle search "Killington 2 for 1" it took me to a page that said " This is the 2 for 1 page" and that was it. My guess is they are planning on having this deal just as they did last year. and if that's so I guess I can wait since they are not open yet, it's kind of a moot point.
Thanks for the posting, as soon as this goes up I plan on jumping on it.

It's there now

http://www.killington.com/winter/2for1/2for1-dmbfan12

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Boston Ski and Sports show

BEWI

Tickets $12, Children 12 and under are FREE (cash only)

Includes one year magazine subscription to Ski or Transworld Snowboarding

AND a $10 Liftopia Gift Card.

BUY TICKETS

Save $2 by printing out a coupon .

Duh. Breakeven if you can't go.

Black Phantom

Sniff, sniff, now my feelings are hurt. :-(
You mean that all our other blather is not worth much? Well, at least not mine? :stirpot:

Billski- your trip reports to the smaller, lesser known ski areas revive all the nostalgia from my youth. You provide a great service and I thank you for it.:flag:

I do need you to be on the lookout for Cannon deals.

thanks my friend.:snow:

Puck it

Billski- your trip reports to the smaller, lesser known ski areas revive all the nostalgia from my youth. You provide a great service and I thank you for it.:flag:

I do need you to be on the lookout for Cannon deals.

thanks my friend.:snow:

Cannon best deal is the two fer days on Tues and Thurs. You may be able to get a $45 weekend ticket through the Ski Haus. No other deals that I know of lil' fella.

BTW - He did cry yesterday!

Black Phantom

Cannon best deal is the two fer days on Tues and Thurs. You may be able to get a $45 weekend ticket through the Ski Haus. No other deals that I know of lil' fella.

I look at this like sending a hard corp shopper on a mission. They know how to get the deals and wait to strike for the best deal. I told you that was too much and I don't want to go on a Tuesday or Thursday.
:lol:

Puck it

I look at this like sending a hard corp shopper on a mission. They know how to get the deals and wait to strike for the best deal. I told you that was too much and I don't want to go on a Tuesday or Thursday.
:lol:

You are so picky. What day is good? I may be able to do something for you. How much are you willing to spend?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

+1 on the 2fers or 1 for $52.

Ski Haus begins ticket offering aftter xmas-new years vacation ends.
Ski NH 6 tix $54 each Not a great deal due to the quantities.

As always, check Liftopia when it's closer.

Black Phantom

You are so picky. What day is good? I may be able to do something for you. How much are you willing to spend?

I might be able to pull of a Thursday. Friday would allow me a full day on the hill and a relaxed ride to the Institution. Have not done that route in a couple seasons. It's a nice ride.

Puck it

I might be able to pull of a Thursday. Friday would allow me a full day on the hill and a relaxed ride to the Institution. Have not done that route in a couple seasons. It's a nice ride.

Fridays work forme since I have aseason pass. I will see what I can do on a cheap pass for you.

k123

Now until Monday The Clymb is selling Geigerrig packs at close to 50% off ($60-$75) the pack comes with the Skullcandy Mountain Passport which contains free lift tickets to Bretton Woods, Hunter, Nashoba, Sugarbush, Wachusetts, Waterville, and other resort around North America.

The packs are pretty cool with a pressurized water reservoir so you can easily hydrate, you can determine yourself if it's a gimmick or clever product. I'm not going to be a spokes person for it.

You do need a "membership" to Clymb. Here's an invite.

Here's info from Geigeririg's facebook: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=326063812861&topic=17356

Flip through passport: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.mighty-clever.com/geiger-book/#/GeigerRig/0&h=aAQCht3i3

The clymb is running the geigerrig sale again and they still come with the skullcandy passport. I might get it since it has a bogo for Hunter and a free ticket to Sugarbush in there. and the pack i'm looking at (rig 1200) is $70, you can't get it anywhere else for less than $115

Pulled the trigger on the blue rig 1200, and got some skullcandy headphones for 50% off also. Thanks for posting the invite gotr0!

Last edited:

nycskier

Gratuitous plug for the two Snowboarding search and win promo sites!

The link to Sessions promo site is here:
http://sessions.searchpluswin.com/refer/getfreestuff

and the Ride Snowboards one is here:
http://ride.searchpw.com/refer/getfreestuff

Both sites are an easy way to win free snowboarding and skiing gear. They work like Google only you can win points that can be redeemed for snowboarding gear for using them.

Before it was discontinued I got a lot of free gear from the Rossignol promo offer (including my kick ass Rossi S-7s!). So far I got a free ski jacket for my wife from the Sessions promo and a pair of good ski socks for myself from the Ride promo.

Its an easy way to score free gear! If you havent used them yet they are worth checking out.

Flow snowboards also started a Search + Win site too. Here is the link to it:
Flow Search + Win

They are giving away free snowboards and other gear as prizes.

Also unlike the Rossi site all 3 of the snowboard sites have sweepstakes on them where you can use your points to enter contests to win really good prizes. So even if you dont have a lot of points you can still win really good an expensive prizes!

Last edited: