• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

skivideoguy

Attend Ski Film Fest get Elk Mtn. Voucher

Hi Gang,

I hope this fits into the category of skiing on the cheap. I work for the City of Bethlehem PA. One of my projects is the free summer movie in the parks project. We are again running Stoketoberfest, a ski film fest as a fundraiser for our summer movies.

Stoketoberfest will take place October 21-22 in Bethlehem PA at the Ice House 56 River Street Bethlehem PA 18018. We will screen 6 films in 2 days in 3 different sessions. A session ticket is $16 or $12 for groups of 15 or more. You will see 2 films per session and every ticket holder gets a voucher for an Elk Mountain Lift Ticket. The vouchers are good before Christmas and after March 1st.

For the trailers and other details, check out www.moviesgamesnmore.org. Hope to see YOU at Stoketoberfest.

llahhall

Now until Monday The Clymb is selling Geigerrig packs at close to 50% off ($60-$75) the pack comes with the Skullcandy Mountain Passport which contains free lift tickets to Bretton Woods, Hunter, Nashoba, Sugarbush, Wachusetts, Waterville, and other resort around North America.

The packs are pretty cool with a pressurized water reservoir so you can easily hydrate, you can determine yourself if it's a gimmick or clever product. I'm not going to be a spokes person for it.

You do need a "membership" to Clymb. Here's an invite.

Here's info from Geigeririg's facebook: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=326063812861&topic=17356

Flip through passport: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.mighty-clever.com/geiger-book/#/GeigerRig/0&h=aAQCht3i3

These appear to require you to sell at least ten of the Geigeririg's to other people.
http://mighty-clever.com/geiger-book/#/GeigerRig/4

2sons

The clymb is running the geigerrig sale again and they still come with the skullcandy passport. I might get it since it has a bogo for Hunter and a free ticket to Sugarbush in there. and the pack i'm looking at (rig 1200) is $70, you can't get it anywhere else for less than $115

Pulled the trigger on the blue rig 1200, and got some skullcandy headphones for 50% off also. Thanks for posting the invite gotr0!
At Costco (at least the one by me) Geigerrig is doing a demo/sale of their packs until this Sunday. I think the price is comparable to this and you don't have to pay shipping and you can try b/f you buy.

k123

At Costco (at least the one by me) Geigerrig is doing a demo/sale of their packs until this Sunday. I think the price is comparable to this and you don't have to pay shipping and you can try b/f you buy.

thats a good deal, I just don't have a membership though

Skier4life

These appear to require you to sell at least ten of the Geigeririg's to other people.
http://mighty-clever.com/geiger-book/#/GeigerRig/4

I think that's just an incentive for the merchants...they get the passport after selling 10 packs, however, each pack still comes with a passport as long as the stock was filled after June 2011. If a merchant sells a pack from stock filled prior to June 2011 then you can still get the passport after you send Geigerrig a message and photo or something of the like.

Skier4life

Crested Butte is celebrating their 50th birthday with a day of free skiing for all on opening day on November 23. Any ideas if there is anything like this in the Northeast?
I know Butternut does a 5th grader thing but is there anything of like for the rest of us?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Bite this

Can you get a "passportlifestyle" from your company? If so look for these:
- a whole boat of tahoe tix discounted

15% off Backcountry.com, and Sierra trading post
save

These are 201-11 discounts
$15 off Bromely
Camelback - TBD
Cannon $18 off
Cranmore save 11
catamount save 21
Gunstock 13.50 off
Gore $15 off
Loon 17 off
Mount snow 13 off
Okemo 14 off
Pats peak save 12
butternut save 17.50
pico, save 22
Stratton save 19
Loaf save 17
the river save 14.50
wawa wave 1350
Waterville 13.00
Iceface save 18.50
Windham save 16.25
Kmart save 23

Don't have one? Go to the chairman's office and demand it. Short of that, start interviewing for a job, where the dealbreaker is one of these cards.

There. Now don't say I didn't give you any deals this year!

Bite that!

http://passportlifestyle.com/

k123

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/30-days-of-giveaways-september-2011/

Don't forget to enter to win the grand prize on Friday. I think its a four day vacation to Tahoe :snow:

Grand Prize is up

"This super grand prize includes 4 nights lodging in one of the 300 properties managed by Lake Tahoe Accommodations with room for up to 10 friends. Also included are 5 free adult lift tickets per day at your choice of Alpine Meadows, Homewood, Sierra-at-Tahoe, or Kirkwood. You can decide to go to one resort all 4 days or a different resort each day."

steamboat1

Received my application for the VT. Pass in the mail yesterday. Same prices as it has been for the past several years (3 pass $125, 5 pass $200). Available from Vermont Ski Area Association. You need to apply right away or you'll be shut out, they only sell a limited amount of them. Already ordered mine. They are good to use at any VT. ski area any day except for a very limited amount of blackout days.

Last edited:

Smellytele

Received my application for the VT. Pass in the mail yesterday. Same prices as it has been for the past several years (3 pass $125, 5 pass $200). Available from Vermont Ski Area Association. You need to apply right away or you'll be shut out, they only sell a limited amount of them. Already ordered mine. They are good to use at any VT. ski area any day except for a very limited amount of blackout days.

And how do I get this?

jaytrem

Anyone who is thinking of a New Mexico trip might want to consider a NMX card...

http://www.nmxsports.org/

Not sure of the exact deals. They usually show a pic of the back of the card which gives the specifics. In the past you would get 1 free ticket to most of the places. Sandia and Santa Fe were always discounts, no freebie, not sure about this year. Most of the freebies had blackouts or specific months you could use them. Some years the blackouts get better, some years worse. Last year it got a lot better. Anyway, they go on sale on Monday Oct 3 and usually sell out somewhat quickly.

bheemsoth

You can call 802-223-2439 or e-mail passes@skivermont.com to find out how to get one if you didn't receive an application in the mail.

If someone has received the application via mail, would it be possible to scan and post it?

steamboat1

If someone has received the application via mail, would it be possible to scan and post it?

Lol, too late the form was sent out a few minutes after I received it. Besides you think I'd want you to shut me out? I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with shutting me out being so self centered. I'm a nice guy but not that nice, I really didn't need to say a thing. I gave out the info now it's time for you to do a little leg work. Responses like yours make trying to help all so not worth while. A thank you would go so much further. Have a great life, never again.

Last edited:

bheemsoth

Lol, too late the form was sent out a few minutes after I received it. Besides you think I'd want you to shut me out? I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with shutting me out being so self centered. I'm a nice guy but not that nice, I really didn't need to say a thing. I gave out the info now it's time for you to do a little leg work. Responses like yours make trying to help all so not worth while. A thank you would go so much further. Have a great life, never again.

No worries. In past years skivt has posted the form on their website, so I figured it was no big deal to ask. I sent an email to the address you provided before posting as well.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk