• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pro Form Tour De France bike

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
My mother was just looking for a stationary bike.

Ironically, my wife and I were actually in an infomercial for proform. I have it posted on Vimeo, I will have to find it. Kind of a long story but funny none the less.

Highway Star

$1300 for an exercise bike?????????????????????

????????????????????

2knees

I think this is better suited for a warrior like yourself.

wpid-51pkexhm2bL.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
FWIW I paid close to $1200 for my treadmill. but I also run on it 4 - 5 days a week for four years now. I've put something like 2700 miles on it since I bought it.

The sick thing is I think I am several pounds heavier than then :lol:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hahaha I found my infomercial. Check this out:

We are throughout the video, but our main part is around 12:30.

don't laugh :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I don't think I could ever bring myself to drop that kind of cash on a piece of exercise equipment. I get too bored and need to switch up activities. I spend $600 a year for my gym membership. Seems like a better deal than dropping a grand on a treadmill.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I don't think I could ever bring myself to drop that kind of cash on a piece of exercise equipment. I get too bored and need to switch up activities. I spend $600 a year for my gym membership. Seems like a better deal than dropping a grand on a treadmill.

My problem is that I live out in the sticks. It's 7 miles for me to get to a grocery store. The nearest gym is ~15 miles away. So it's just not really feasible. I go in the basement and usually either lift weights, (i have a bench), do P90X, or run on the treadmill.

Then I sabotage myself with food & alcohol :lol:

Puck it

My problem is that I live out in the sticks. It's 7 miles for me to get to a grocery store. The nearest gym is ~15 miles away. So it's just not really feasible. I go in the basement and usually either lift weights, (i have a bench), do P90X, or run on the treadmill.

Then I sabotage myself with food & alcohol :lol:

Same here. We have a stairmaster ( a workhorse and still going), weights amd the treadmill. Treadmill gets little use. My wife thinks we would use the bike more. Two gym memberships would be $1500 for the closest gym.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm lucky in that my gym is a half mile down the street. Screwed like you with the grocery store though. That's 5 miles. They opened a Planet Fitness right next door to the grocery. It's tempting to join as it's only $20 a month, but the extra $30 a month for my local gym seems worth it to me from a convenience stand point.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah, before when I lived further east towards Providence I lived 5 min. from a great gym. I had a deal where I had signed up and it was $20 a month. cheap. And it was brand new and really nice.

I do prefer the gym, I just don't have anything near me. I suppose I could go in the morning on the way to or on the way back from work, but I like the convenience of home plus I can also work out on the weekends.

bvibert

Staff member
Hahaha I found my infomercial. Check this out:

We are throughout the video, but our main part is around 12:30.

don't laugh :lol:

I don't think I've ever met anyone who was in an infomercial before! :lol:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
It was unpaid, but it was a free 3-day trip to Portland, Oregon which was really cool. It was just a fun unique experience overall, we did it just for the sake of saying we did it kind of thing.

Wasn't your wife in an ad for something? Based on a twitter tweet?

bvibert

Staff member
It was unpaid, but it was a free 3-day trip to Portland, Oregon which was really cool. It was just a fun unique experience overall, we did it just for the sake of saying we did it kind of thing.

Wasn't your wife in an ad for something? Based on a twitter tweet?

The text of one of her tweets was in an ad for Kraft Mac and Cheese or something.