• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Acadia Trip August 2006

thaller1

Thanks for the pics...Acadia is such an awesome and unique place. Did you camp or stay in one of those fancy hotels in BH? Did ya happen to run into Martha...:lol:

Actually, we rented a cottage... Corea is the other side of Bar Harbor so it's across the bay.. nice and quiet.. didn't see Martha though.. disappointing as I need some tips on how to alphabetize my kitchen cupboards...

We're heading back up this weekend to camp...I can't wait!! I love this time of the year..

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Actually, we rented a cottage... Corea is the other side of Bar Harbor so it's across the bay.. nice and quiet.. didn't see Martha though.. disappointing as I need some tips on how to alphabetize my kitchen cupboards...

We're heading back up this weekend to camp...I can't wait!! I love this time of the year..

When I needed kitchen tips I alwayed depended on those old guys at Coastal Hardware in Yarmouth....:lol:

zook

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Acadia. It's so beautiful over there - great place for vacation or even a short break.

I was there for three days with some friends this July. It was my second time in Acadia and this time we took the bikes with us. It's amazing how different my experience of the park was when biking, as opposed to just driving and walking around.

Did you get to see the sunrise on Mt. Cadillac? http://szawkalo.projekcja.pl/agata/gallery/Acadia/foto.php?img=Acadia_05.jpg

I'm sure I'll go back one day :)

thaller1

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Acadia. It's so beautiful over there - great place for vacation or even a short break.

I was there for three days with some friends this July. It was my second time in Acadia and this time we took the bikes with us. It's amazing how different my experience of the park was when biking, as opposed to just driving and walking around.

Did you get to see the sunrise on Mt. Cadillac? http://szawkalo.projekcja.pl/agata/gallery/Acadia/foto.php?img=Acadia_05.jpg

I'm sure I'll go back one day :)

Nice pics! Every year I say I'm going to get up early and drive up Cadilac to see sunrise.. and I just don't quite make it.. maybe this year! :)

bigbog

Last edited:

zook

We drove from New York overnight and made it to Acadia around 4am - just in time for the sunrise ;)

kbroderick

Nice pics! Every year I say I'm going to get up early and drive up Cadilac to see sunrise.. and I just don't quite make it.. maybe this year! :)

Drive up? Bah humbug. Hiking up in the dark is where it's at.

(I would like to get back to Acadia...I haven't been over there in several years, and I've never been there with a camera.)

zook

It's the other way for me - I've been thinking about going to Cape Cod one day but so far couldn't work it out. So many places to see and so little vacation ;)

Well, maybe next year

Sparky

Great pictures. I just got back after spending most of a week up there. I finally got a chance to ride on some of the carriage trails. I hope to get back up and do the rest of them.