Today I felt old because... - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

You guys had some nice first cars, mine was this gem a 72 AMC Hornet in grey, it did have a 304 in it and could lay a pretty good one legger down the road!

2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    You guys had some nice first cars, mine was this gem a 72 AMC Hornet in grey, it did have a 304 in it and could lay a pretty good one legger down the road!

[borat]very nice[/borat]
    Brian

My first vehicle was a 59 F100 pickup. My first car was a 64 Tbird. Sweet car. Wish I never sold it.
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

Not my first, and didn't buy it brand new, believe I purchased this puppy around 77. Paid $160 for it, came with 5 extra wheels/tires. Had a push button automatic transmission. 64 Dodge Dart, fun car since at that cost, I didn't really care what happened to it. My dad refused to ride in it

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    My first car was an 87 golf, second car (after I totalled the golf) was an 87 gti which was my favorite car to date. It was white with a sweet black interior with red accents. Unfortunately I totaled that one too (along with a 5 day visit to the hospital). I've had a few others too.

My wife has had a few VWs too, including a 86 2 door jetta (not too many of those things around) and her favorite; a 97 cabrio.
    Remind me to never drive with you.

Now I feel old for saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Remind me to never drive with you.

Now I feel old for saying that!
    I've gotten better in my old age..
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post

My first was a 1981 BMW 316 that I got for $1800 when I moved to Germany in the Army:
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Today I felt old because: "Enter Sandman" is playing on Pandora's 'Classic Rock' station.

I can't find a photo that captures the extreme crappyness of my first car.... a 1972 Ford Maverick. Diarrhea brown like this one but solid brown without the white trim. Mine was totally stripped other than the 200 cu inch straight 6 engine upgrade. Lots of sheet metal repair from all the Vermont road salt. I was really good with a rivet gun, ballpeen hammer, bondo, and a paint sprayer. 3-on-the-tree transmission. Bucket seats out of an old Volvo. Under dash cassette player with bookshelf speakers in the back. CB radio. My handle was "Power Hitter" which referred to something you'd buy in head shop.

College Football Players I watched while I was in college are retiring from the Pros (after "long productive careers").
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Thread Information