Today I felt old because... - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by from_the_NEK View Post
    College Football Players I watched while I was in college are retiring from the Pros (after "long productive careers").
    Randy Moss?

Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    This was my first ride. A 1969 Grand Prix Model J. 428 high output 4 barrel carb putting out just under 400 HP. Mine was ugly. I think the guy who owned it before spray painted it silver...but the engine was solid and roared and put you in the back seat like no other I've driven.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    This was my first ride. A 1969 Grand Prix Model J. 428 high output 4 barrel carb putting out just under 400 HP. Mine was ugly. I think the guy who owned it before spray painted it silver...but the engine was solid and roared and put you in the back seat like no other I've driven.!!!

My First was a 72 GP. My dad actually bought it. His only "sports car". I totaled it 2 years into my driving career, but boy did we have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Randy Moss?
    Yep. He was played for the Marshall team (when they were still div 1-AA) that beat Northern Iowa (where I went to school) in the 1996 semi-finals on their way to a national championship.

My first car (but in maroon):
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Not my first, and didn't buy it brand new, believe I purchased this puppy around 77. Paid $160 for it, came with 5 extra wheels/tires. Had a push button automatic transmission. 64 Dodge Dart, fun car since at that cost, I didn't really care what happened to it. My dad refused to ride in it

Did it have the push-buttons for the automatic transmission?
    ~ Marie
    "Decide what to be, and go be it."

Quote Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
    Did it have the push-buttons for the automatic transmission?
    OK, read my message a bit more carefully....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I can't find a photo that captures the extreme crappyness of my first car.... a 1972 Ford Maverick. Diarrhea brown like this one but solid brown without the white trim. Mine was totally stripped other than the 200 cu inch straight 6 engine upgrade. Lots of sheet metal repair from all the Vermont road salt. I was really good with a rivet gun, ballpeen hammer, bondo, and a paint sprayer. 3-on-the-tree transmission. Bucket seats out of an old Volvo. Under dash cassette player with bookshelf speakers in the back. CB radio. My handle was "Power Hitter" which referred to something you'd buy in head shop.

Ah the Maverick...

Surpassed only by the infamous Pinto in the Ford pantheon of total crap. I at one time owned a Mustang II, a fine example of what happens to a muscle car after it has been eviscerated by corporate headquarters.

This was my first car...bought in 1981 with around 75K miles IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    OK, read my message a bit more carefully....
    Definitely a blonde moment.

My first car. Some odd automobile website calls it "classic." It would be more accurate to categorize it as POS.

I redeemed myself with my second car.

~ Marie
    "Decide what to be, and go be it."

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    This was my first car...bought in 1981 with around 75K miles IIRC.

Nice! A girlfriend had a Dasher, it was pretty fun car.

"Disc brakes in the front, a first for VW!" And now the base Jetta has gone back to drum brakes ...
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Thread Information