Today I felt old because... - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattm59 View Post
    52, and wondering what in tarnation a transformer101 with tapatalk is Do you have to be a moderator to use one? I'll get back to shaving my ears now.
    It's from somebody too stoooopid to turn off the annoying signature. Almost as bad as "sent from my Blackberry" you get from Dilbert's Boss who can't administer his own Blackberry.

sent from my TRS-80 using a web browser written in BASIC

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    It's from somebody too stoooopid to turn off the annoying signature. Almost as bad as "sent from my Blackberry" you get from Dilbert's Boss who can't administer his own Blackberry.

Today I feel old because I know what a TRS-80 is.

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    ah yes, the trash 80. we had the upgraded model with 64k ram. and if you wanted to save your work you recorded it to a cassette tape.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

mattm59 This Xmas listen a little closer, Its his Father he wants to Kill. He has other plans for Mom. This song got the Doors kicked out of the Whiskey a Go- Go.

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Even if I beg, they won't card me any more
    THAT'S feeling old!
    I actually got carded the other night at a place that cards everyone. That's fine, I understand, but the guy actually read the license, looked me over and then took his time handing it back to me. I wanted to say, "Take my five bucks for the cover and let's all get on with our lives," but he woulda kicked me out, so I let him have his little power trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    I had to look that up. I'm impressed because I didn't know such things existed back then. In '78 or '79 I was learning Cobol and Fortran. Some problems were solved using punchcards as opposed to the terminals. The good old days...
    ~ Marie
    "Decide what to be, and go be it."

I find the signature annoying too, but I don't think that makes Nick stupid. Perhaps he purposely left it on there to let people know about Tapatalk?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I find the signature annoying too, but I don't think that makes Nick stupid. Perhaps he purposely left it on there to let people know about Tapatalk?
    LOL...not "stupid," but "stooped." I think Geoff was teasing...did you see his sig...?
    ~ Marie

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    No. It says he lacks the capacity to type properly.

Posted from my PDP-11/70 running BSD 4.3

No. It says he lacks the capacity to type properly.

Posted from my PDP-11/70 running BSD 4.3
    I'm giving google a workout today...

How funny is this...when I was in h.s. we went on a field trip to see something that looked an awful lot like that...!
    ~ Marie

Nah, it's good advertising. I'm leaving it on for a bit for those who don't always read the Announcements section and aren't aware we have a mobile solution available.

PLUS, (particularly on my mobile phone), it's a caveat for my horrible typing and short-winded answers.

FWIW: a friend of mine has an iPhone and the default signature says,

"Sent from my pretentious phone"

Thread Information