Health care in our county the USA is so fuckked up wtf insurance doctors cancer no cu

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation

Health care in our county the USA is so fuckked up wtf insurance doctors cancer no cu

Cancer sucks bump
    my dad is skiing with Warren Miller now

Last edited by ScottySkis; Mar 12, 2018 at 10:31 AM.

Health care in our county the USA is so fuckked up wtf insurance doctors canc...

Hope all goes well Scotty.
    2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    So annoyed and anger. 6 am phone call while where in car for 6 am surgery appointment.
    ? Cancer Doc ...or Foot sugery....Thought you were back to work.

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Working yes . no c for me now my dad has it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    Working yes . no c for me now my dad has it.
    Quite a 2x4 to the head when you hear those words, it can be frustrating when your not feeling well .

Medicine has come a long way ,My Cancer in 1994 had 7-9 yrs survival then pffft...gone.
    20 yrs this past December. New treatments coming out all the time , Good luck to him .
    never give up.jpg

Inspirational Bob.

My uncle got a 3-12 month diagnosis on his esophageal cancer and made it 5.5 years before passing in March.

Medicine is progressing in amazing ways. The money grubbing insurance companies are still an issue though.

Best of luck to you and your dad Scotty

Good luck to you both Scott. Cancer is an insidious disease, my Sister succumbed to Cancer treatment at 38. Did anyone see the 60 Minutes episode on the use of a genetically engineered strain of the Polio virus used to successfully
    treat brain Cancer? Basically enables the body's immune system to fight the Cancer. Very cool.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

I did see that episode. They are also using a variation of the HIV virus in trials. Crazy that two of the scariest diseases of the past 100 years are now being used in cancer treatment.

The real breakthroughs are in genetic mapping and customized therapies. We are probably still decades away from a "cure", but the progress is there.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I did see that episode. They are also using a variation of the HIV virus in trials. Crazy that two of the scariest diseases of the past 100 years are now being used in cancer treatment.

The real breakthroughs are in genetic mapping and customized therapies. We are probably still decades away from a "cure", but the progress is there.
    Add to that Ricin , a deadly KGB poison. Was used in Bone marrow transplant process.

Scotty I used to travel to Suffern NY for IV vitamin C treatments.
    My docs in Boston told me in the beginning I might go three years before I needed Chemo,
    They were accurate with there prediction as 2 1/2 years in my cancer level in my Bone marrow was up to 40%
    They scheduled my next appt 3 months out.

My wife read about a doctor that had been treating a patient with my type of cancer with high doses of vitamin C.
    I went to see him and started doing treatments. Went back to Boston for my appointment and my doctor was puzzled that my cancer was half of what it was 3 months earlier.
    My bone marrow level dropped to 15% then 0 six months later!
    Over the years I went there I saw a kiosk appear. With brochures encouraging complementary medicine

I managed to go 8 yrs without Chemo , in that time a Monoclonal antibody treatment was available and worked well.
    Don't be afraid to complement what doctors are doing. My mother in law was given 6 months to live 22 yrs ago.
    She did high doses of vitamin C orally . She was doing 10k , I could only manage 3
    My IV 's were up to 50k

The all too unfortunate reality in healthcare in this Affordable Care Act world we live in, is the level of BS regulatory red tape that has been created in an effort to "fix" a system that was working pretty well for more people than not is mind bogglingly frustrating for both healthcare providers and patients alike - that's what you get when more lawyers and staffers rather than healthcare providers write a 2000+ page bill with subsequently added 1000's of more regulations
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

Thread Information