• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today I felt old because...

gmcunni

walked in to the family room and saw what was on TV

me - "Fast Times at Ridgemont High, a classic!"
daughter - "never heard of it"

prsboogie

Heard G'n'R - Sweet Child'o'mine on B101 - the oldies station in Providence!! WTH!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SkiingInABlueDream

Alice in Chains is now considered "Classic Rock" Ugh.

Classic rock is the 70's as far as I'm concerned. There were some 80's bands like Black Crowes that rehashed the sound but the Motley Crue's and Nirvana's are not classic rock to me. That said I don't begrudge "classic rock radio" for wanting to bring something new to its sound.

prsboogie

The station used to play 50s-70s in the early 90s and have advanced their playlist every ten years. I almost never listen to that station but my wife does and gets pissed when I hop in her car and automatically change the channel 🙄

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gmcunni

i just qualified for, and took advantage of, my first senior citizen discount..(50+ got me 10% off a car rental)

Glenn

I enjoyed the music they were playing in the grocery store the other day.

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
Well, I feel old because I think it's been 7 years since my last post. Used to post a bit, but somehow lost my password I thought, byt today, there it was ********lol.
Anyways, gave up mtb awhile back, 7 years ago, cracked some ribs chasing Bvibert, and at 52 then, realized I wasn't going to heal so fast. Anyways, was out riding road on my mtb saturday, and ended up over at Scoville Rd., decided to check the trails out and the 200 yards in I went felt good. Turned around as I still had to ride home, no helmet etc, pretty much street tires on my bike. My son used to ride with me, now he's done 5 years in the Marines, is working for a contractor now, haven't heard from him in 4 years. At least the trails are there, think I'll be getting back out there, no more clipless, and hopping off for every feature.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Well, I feel old because I think it's been 7 years since my last post. Used to post a bit, but somehow lost my password I thought, byt today, there it was ********lol.
Anyways, gave up mtb awhile back, 7 years ago, cracked some ribs chasing Bvibert, and at 52 then, realized I wasn't going to heal so fast. Anyways, was out riding road on my mtb saturday, and ended up over at Scoville Rd., decided to check the trails out and the 200 yards in I went felt good. Turned around as I still had to ride home, no helmet etc, pretty much street tires on my bike. My son used to ride with me, now he's done 5 years in the Marines, is working for a contractor now, haven't heard from him in 4 years. At least the trails are there, think I'll be getting back out there, no more clipless, and hopping off for every feature.

Make amends with your son. Life is too short!

bdfreetuna

The station used to play 50s-70s in the early 90s and have advanced their playlist every ten years. I almost never listen to that station but my wife does and gets pissed when I hop in her car and automatically change the channel

Some of us might be lucky enough to hear dub step on the oldies station before we die.

ctenidae

A little twist - the other day I felt YOUNG because I went on a bungee jumper trampoline thing, and after doing a couple of back flips the kid running it was amazed and said he didn't think his Dad could do that, but he's old, like 40 or something.

I felt great, except after about 10 minutes I was hyperventilating, suffering rom a heart attack, heat exhaustion, and a minor stroke. But dangit, I got some back flips in. It was fun, too.

/49's not old yet, right?