• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today I felt old because...

gmcunni

I'm good with this list -

Top Chick Cars
5. Dodge Neon
"Neons are Barbie cars: little and cute and rounded in the hips. Even in black, they are feminine and adorable, only just a bit tougher, like Tattoo Barbie."

4. VW Jetta
"Anything by Volkswagen is a chick car. VW realized this years ago and joined forces with another company to sell guy cars--they called that company Porsche."

3. Mazda Miata
"I discovered this phenomenon when I got a Miata. "Girlie car." That's all I heard."

2. VW Cabriolet
"All teen-age girls classify them as cute. 'Nuff said."

1. VW Beetle
"The VW Beetle. A chick car, definitely. And made to be so. How? I know of no other automobile with a FLOWER VASE as standard equipment."

o3jeff

Top Chick Cars
5. Dodge Neon
"Neons are Barbie cars: little and cute and rounded in the hips. Even in black, they are feminine and adorable, only just a bit tougher, like Tattoo Barbie."

4. VW Jetta
"Anything by Volkswagen is a chick car. VW realized this years ago and joined forces with another company to sell guy cars--they called that company Porsche."

3. Mazda Miata
"I discovered this phenomenon when I got a Miata. "Girlie car." That's all I heard."

2. VW Cabriolet

1. VW Beetle
"The VW Beetle. A chick car, definitely. And made to be so. How? I know of no other automobile with a FLOWER VASE as standard equipment."

You had a Miata too?

Geoff

Top Chick Cars
5. Dodge Neon

4. VW Jetta

3. Mazda Miata

2. VW Cabriolet

1. VW Beetle

In Germany, the VW sedan (Bora) is considered to be the old person's car. Young people drive the hatchback.

Just about any convertible with less than 225 hp is a chick car. You also don't see many guys driving RAV4's or CR-V's.

2knees

1st car was a '79 Celica ST 5 speed. Fake wood interior, bucket seats really fun to drive but man did i trash it. I left the windows down so many times in the rain that it eventually had mushrooms growing out of the back floor carpet. It had a hole in the gas tank that i couldnt afford to fix so you couldnt fill it more then halfway or it would leak. good times.

113818d1231730219-new-daily-celica.jpg

went on to a couple of VW Golfs. An 87 with a moonroof and then a 94. Both fun but all kinds of shit used to break on those and the electrical systems were downright comical. Push the cig lighter in and flash the highbeams 3 times to get the turn signal to work.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I hot wired the windshield washer on my 88 Fox with speaker wire. Mechanic couldn't figure it out, so my brother and I made a circuit from the pump and to the battery and had the two cables come out of the heating vent on the dash. You touched the two speaker wire ends together and the windshield washer would activate. :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
The only thing I've rigged with my windshield washer was a real life smoke screen, by rerouting the washer hose to the intake, and filling the bottle with something other than washer fluid. ;)

Those were the days... :lol:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
subaru_lesbian1304042361.jpg

..... story

About two years ago my boss bought a forester. We photoshopped this image to put his face on it. He still has it hanging in his office. :lol:

tree_skier

My first car a 76 Audi Fox wagon, Think VW Dasher. It cost me $300 and only had 50k in 82 when I bought it.

Followed that with a 85 VW Golf 2dr in light blue paid $4200 for that one in 85 with 10k on it. Yes it was a chick car also but I was always able to fill it with chicks.

Added a 87 Fierro GT in 89

and my favorite car of all time an 87 Audi 4000S 2wd in 90

Riverskier

I have a part time job that involves selling alcohol and last week I carded someone that was born in 1990. I couldn't believe I could actually sell to them!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm 30. I almost never get carded. And I didn't think I was an old looking 30, although who the hell knows anymore!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
:lol:

It's my android tablet and I'm using the forums with an app called Tapatalk. It's pretty nifty and even works on your old-skool Iphone ;)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
iphone?

I'm waiting on the zphone. Then I'll be "jiggy wid' it":daffy:

Oh yeah, to the fellow who posted about Jim Morrison. I got all 7 Doors albums...married into the collection. Play 'em once a year on a real direct drive turntable...that's been 29 Christmas' so far. "MOTHER....I WANT TO KILL YOU" great Christmas music:razz:

Yup, a real direct drive turntable, a set of Bose 4 ohm 6.2's sittin' on top of some home-built 3 ways, new in '87, and a "class A discrete 4 channel amp, all new in '87 ...now who's "jiggy wid' it"?:smile: