• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today I felt old because...

ctenidae

4751680016_medium.jpg

My first. Had about 160K on it when I got it for free, drove it from New Orleans to both NC and AR multiple times, then from NC to AZ and half way back. Replaced it with:

10158669_20103671333.jpg

Without the hot wheels

gmcunni

my first car - mercury capri
eugene+green.jpg

my first "new car" 86 VW Cabriolet (turned it out i bought a girl car)

Scan951.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Whatever duded, convertibles are always cool.

My wife likes the new VW EOS. I think that's it. The on with the retractable hardtop.

gmcunni

Whatever duded, convertibles are always cool.

My wife likes the new VW EOS. I think that's it. The on with the retractable hardtop.

i had a blast with that car but i can (now, later in life) admit it was a chick car. i'm ok with that. pay attention to who's driving VW convertibles, 85% women.

The EOS is nice, you should get her one before the winter hits. Fall nights with the top down and the heat cranked up makes for wicked good driving fun.

o3jeff

Scan951.jpg

Is that pic actually you or did you spend the day searching the internet looking for a pic with a guy driving it? :wink:

My first brand new car was a 1994 Nissan xtra cab pick up

powhunter

68 GMC Van..I bought it for $150 when I got out of the Army.. It was blaze orange/primer with a sunroof. Engine was between the front seats. Remember my dad saying it was such a POS...And by parking it in his driveway it would decrease property value. Took some nice ski trips in it. Also made it to Nassau Coleseum to see the GD with around 12 of my friends

Steveo

picture.php

mattm59

Website
community.webshots.com
I feel old when I

shave my ears, and stick the trimmer in my nostrils. First car was a '72 LeMans Sport. Posi and a B@M tranny. Bought it for $900, got $740 in tickets one night...'cuz they didn't check if you were drunk in those days...and sold it for $900 the next day. Got back into bicycling...:p

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
You guys had some nice first cars,

Corvair. I never ever heard my mother cuss at my father before when the gas pedal linkage snapped! Linkage worked just the opposite of any other car. Imagine 100mpg without even trying!

The flaming Pinto.
The AMC Gremlin.

Then the Maverick till I wrecked it. Just as well, all the door panels rusted out after 3 years.

We sure knew how to pck them.

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member

Scan951.jpg

My wife had one of those.... :lol:

Seriously, it was a fun car. I liked her 97 Cabrio better though.

VW came out with a new Golf convertible in Europe, I wonder if it will ever make it's way back over to the states? Doesn't seem likely. It's got a power soft top and is smaller than the EOS, but has more storage space.