• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SkiMRV and SkiADK - Vbulletin 4.1.5

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on doing some upgrades from PHPBB for both SkiMRV and SkiADK.

Right now, I have done a test conversion of the database for SkiMRV.

If you are a member, I'd love for someone to check it out -

http://www.skimrv.com/testforum

It's not perfect yet (I still have to import logos / etc.) but in particular check out the forum and let me know what you guys think. It won't stay in sync with forums.skimrv.com but it should be current as of this morning.

You shoudl be able to log in with your existing account info.

I have no plans to upgrade Alpinezone.com just yet, but it may be in the cards in the future. Vbulletin 4 has some decent CMS stuff I'd like to play around with. Anyway - take a look and let me know your thoughts !

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm realizing it's gonna take me some time to get it fully configured. But it should be better once I get it up and running. I like the article and blog capabilities. We'll see how it works out.

bvibert

Staff member
This is the error message I get when I try to log on:

Code:
Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.skimrv.com/testforum/)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I was able to login and navigate with no issues. Then I again, I seldom have issues. :)

Cool. I'm still working on changes, but I will probably roll it out soon. I updated the outbound links to SkiADK and AZ, and put in a new theme that more closely matches the existing one. Have to do some logo updates and changes, re-import the posts, and move the whole shebang over, but it's getting close.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Win IE:
when I post reply to thread (introductions) I get a message from IE, "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? Changes made in the editor will be lost.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
SkiMRV

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Yeah I'm working on it right now. I'm reimporting all the users so that is why you are banned again :)

I need more time (duh). But it's getting closer :)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I did a cutover this morning. There are still things to tweak but it's looking much better.

FYI, you can still log in to the old forums (but they will be made defunct, so posts won't be kept in sync) at http://skimrv.com/oforums/. Once you log in it will redirect you, so you need to type in the URL again.

Bug list so far:

1. I need to import all the smilies in.
2. I need to update the Favicon
3. I seem to have lost the Avatars.... but you can grab them from the old site

Please play around a bit and let me know what you guys think.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I lied. I went back, a couple things I still want to fix. I noticed attachments stopped working after a cutover.