Daily Gear Deals?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daily Gear Deals?

What's with all the posts by Altrec.com, is that a spammer?

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    What's with all the posts by Altrec.com, is that a spammer?
    No, they're supposed to be there... I think...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    No, they're supposed to be there... I think...
    That's cool, just checking.

Yup. Altrec.com is legit. Those seven items from their feed popped in automatically since it was the first time I set it up. I'm working with them to set up daily deals similar to SAC as well as the other Backcountry sites which is also in the works. The thinking is that we'll soon have a daily item (obviously more SAC) from a number of quality vendors.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yup. Altrec.com is legit. Those seven items from their feed popped in automatically since it was the first time I set it up. I'm working with them to set up daily deals similar to SAC as well as the other Backcountry sites which is also in the works. The thinking is that we'll soon have a daily item (obviously more SAC) from a number of quality vendors.

I got a feeling this may cost me

Great job on the addition of Daily Gear Deals. As Andyzee said, I think I'll spend more this season with knowing the specials are consolidated in one place...

Thanks! It's still in its infancy. I hope to add more merchants very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Thanks! It's still in its infancy. I hope to add more merchants very soon...

How come it hasn't updated from this morning?

I noticed that. I think that item has been offered recently. vBulletin uses the GUID in the RSS feed to create a new thread. If it detects the same GUID as one previously used a new thread is not created. SAC will be altering the RSS feed in the near future so I'll address this issue. BTW, Ive set up our very own RSS feed for the Daily Gear Deals forum so you all can keep updated on new items from several vendors (to be added during the next few weeks) as well as SAC:

http://rss.alpinezone.com/gear.php

Have you noticed that some of the links are not pointing to the actual items when selecting them?

Thread Information